Ideal logic condensing boiler making vibrating noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've posted before but it's been a good week now and I have an update. The boiler is 18 months old. Serviced. Bled the radiators. Pressure is fine. Everything runs fine. But randomly a few times a day when the boiler isnt doing anything. Heating isn't on. No demand for hot water. It makes a vibrating noise which from underneath sounds like a hammer drill

I have took off all trv valves upstairs well the valve heads. Downstairs is all new radiators and new valves etc and its still doing it. Also surely it cant be the trvs because the heating has barely been on with how warm it is yet it's still making the strange noise everyday. Could it be anything to do with the waste pipe? I've blown down the pipe and it's clear but their is a few bends in it. Is their a trap inside that could be not allowing enough water out? I'm at my wits end with this now

Sponsored Links
Nope it just randomly does it. I took the condensing waste pipe that goes outside out and put a small piece of pipe in. Nothing is in the bucket yet. It made the noise but wasnt as bad. If I feel up where the pipe it is quite moist and wet and their were drops on the end of the pipe. Could it be a trap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back