Ideal Mexico 2 boiler pilot OK main burners not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler was working fine. Switched power off at wall probably while it was running. Heating or water now not working when repowered.

1) The pilot light is lit and working
2) When I switch on the central heating the water pump runs.
3) Checked thermostat is up to max.

So basically the mains burners do not light. How can I troubleshoot?

Regards

Chris

Sponsored Links
Is the fused spur you turned off controlling the system or just the boiler, they often stick off try flicking it a few times.

I only switched the power off to the controller that sends the power to the boiler and water pump. I think maybe the gas valve is not opening. So I am going to look tomorrow at whether I am getting voltage to the solenoid.

Regards

Chris.

Checked the voltage at the gas valve and it is switching on at 240volts when the heating comes on. But the gas main jets are not coming on.

Sponsored Links
Then yes, give it a gentle knock first and if that doesn't work you will nedd to get a guy in.

Just a suggestion, if it's a SIT gas valve have you turned it the extra quarter turn after lighting the pilot ?

cmyers_uk said:
Checked the voltage at the gas valve and it is switching on at 240volts when the heating comes on. But the gas main jets are not coming on.

Have you measured the resistance of the main gas solenoid ?

if it's O/c, then ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back