IDEAL MINI C24 INTERMITTENTLY ON/OFF (VIDEO)

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone i realise this is an old thread but I have a similar issue....my combo goes on and off every few seconds....i have got 1.5 water pressure and I have already taken off the heat exchanger and cleaned it...when I set the boiler to just DHW nothing at all happens....when i set it combined CH it does what you will see in the video link below.....

I have tested the NCT and it is functioning well at 11500 ohms of resistance so its not that

I have also opened the control box and pressed down the diagnostic switches which you will see in the video

I am an electrician (formerly) now school teacher therefore handy enough on things..was able to fault find the nct from the board rather than disconnect it etc..so I am hoping that someone could help me find a way to fix this without having to call someone in...video link below ...thanks all..

Sponsored Links
they are called NTC ( Negative Temperature Coefficient) not NCT, you can not measure the resistance while still connected to anything, as you will not get a true reading. the thermistor or NTC will change resistance depending on what temperature that it is sensing, that is how they work, I would doubt very much if your problem has anything whatsoever to do with an NTC

I'm having the exact same problem, boiler keeps firing up 24/7 for about 3 seconds. keep trying to blame my 'newish' smart thermostat. but that seems to be working as normal with scheduled heating settings. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? driving me insane! actual boiler temperature stays between 30 and 60 degrees when its not meant to be in use.

Sponsored Links
If you knew how you could see if the DHW demand switch is stuck on!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back