Ideal minimiser SE60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've an ideal minimiser boiler which whistles like an kettle when the burner is on - very noisy inside and outside house. Radiators and water no problems. Had an extra radiator added (now 10 radiators running) and think problem started/got worse since then. Don't want to compromise system but can't afford unnecessary call outs. Advice on what the problem is and how soon I need it sorting would be great.
Thanks,
Brawbairn

Sponsored Links
Not long moved in so not sure when boiler last serviced -
Advice please - do i get a local plumber or sign up to a servicing plan from the gas board?
In meantime is boiler OK - can I do anything to help the problem?
Thanks ;)
brawbairn

get it serviced then, guaranteed the heat exchanger is choked. can cause noise if it is.

might be worthwhile getting a contract with BG with this boiler as they arent all that reliable and parts are fairly pricey. BG contract isnt for everyone but its a good deal if you read the terms and conditions

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much! That wee bit of inside knowledge gives me the confidence to get it sorted - thanks again :p
brawbairn xx

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh the minimiser

My advise is get rid

failing that make sure whoever services it loses his knuckles and scraps the heck out of his forearm, and is there for at least 2 hours

gawd I hate them..

The kettling is probably scale and you have more chance for treating your roses with rocking horse shyte than getting BG to cover it ;)

try whacking in a bit of fernox "boiler silencer" in the system that may help the kettling noise

corgiman said:

My advise is get rid

failing that make sure whoever services it loses his knuckles and scraps the heck out of his forearm, and is there for at least 2 hours

gawd I hate them..

The kettling is probably scale and you have more chance for treating your roses with rocking horse shyte than getting BG to cover it ;)

try whacking in a bit of fernox "boiler silencer" in the system that may help the kettling noise
I agree 100%. If you are going to keep it make sure its the SE spec and the whistling is scale or sludge.
Have fun

Stan

I came acroos a few of these that whistle due to build up onthe fins. can be cleaned to stop. Usually a sign of neglect.

corgiman said:

My advise is get rid

gawd I hate them..

BG will cover it

nickso said:
corgiman said:

My advise is get rid

gawd I hate them..

BG will cover it

of course they willl

but the moment something goes wrong and they scream "sludge scale" they wont ;)

lmao

corgiman said:
nickso said:
corgiman said:

My advise is get rid

gawd I hate them..

BG will cover it

of course they willl

but the moment something goes wrong and they scream "sludge scale" they wont ;)

lmao

thats because its not covered form the outset as defined by the terms and conditions i mentioned earlier ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back