ideal response 120

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ongoing problem with pressure problems. Pressure keeps dropping to zero after heating as been on(got an engineer coming out on friday for this). However since yesterday after I re-pressurize the system to about 1 bar manually within about 30 secs the pressure goes to 3 bar, then I have to run the cold water taps to release the excess pressure. Any ideas if the two faults are related. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes.
See Boiler Pressure Problems in the FAQ

Also look at your gas valve. If it has signs of water having dribbled over it, your PV is leaking and you need a new one!

Whoa!
If you 'have to run the cold water taps to release the excess pressure', there's something horrendously wrong - or you're not closing the valve on the filling loop.

If the valve is DEFINITELY closed with the pressure at 1 Bar, then the pressure on the gauge goes to 3 Bar 'all by itself' and THEN you can reduce it by opening a hot or cold water tap, my best suggestion is that the heat exchanger is comprehensively broken, so that there's a leak between the hot water and heating parts of it.

If so, you'll need a new HX. Problems with this part are 'well known' on the Response. You will ONLY get a replacement part from Ideal. Make sure you drive a hard bargain - there is no justification for Ideal to make profit on a part with a design flaw- as in this case.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. Will double check the valve on the filling loop, and let the enginner hopefully do the rest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back