Ideal standard lx boiler keeps firing

Hi, its a room thermostat, i wouldn't normally put it on 30 I was just testing it out today before winter arrives. So if its not getting to 30 then its not faulty?

Sponsored Links
It depends what your heating system has has been designed to reach. The usual design spec is.

"Heating systems should be capable of heating the whole of the premises so that a temperature in all rooms of 21˚c can be maintained when the external temperature is below freezing point"

Installing a system designed to reach 30 degrees would increase the size of the boiler and radiators enormously.

Cheers Stem, why does it keep firing up and cutting out again please? I cant find any of those valves mentioned earlier in the post.

As I explained before, the boiler will regulate its burner to control the temperature of the water leaving the boiler. However, I wouldn't normally expect...
it will go off fully then fire back up almost immediately.

I would expect a delay of 30 seconds for example before the burner comes back on, and the delay to get longer as the heating system warms up.

If it is more frequent, then you will probably need the services of a RGI to check the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have taken a video of it coming on then cutting out the firing up again, can videos be uploaded here please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back