Ideal standard stuff any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, having decided on a bathroom range my husbands dad, ( who is a plumber) has said that ideal standard is not even up to mid range standard, but hasn't given us a brand he recommends instead.
I've spent the last two weeks tearing my hair out trying to choose stuff, and now I'm undecided again.

So ideal standard, yes, no?
And what would you recommend in its place?

Sponsored Links
ive always been more than happy with ideal standard, easy to level when fitted, better cast than cheaper stuff, same money you can get roca/twyfords etc but try to keep away from cheap cheap stuff, its poorly cast as i said before.

I'd agree with Shorky

Ideal Standard, Roca or Twyfords

B&Q, Bathstore and cheap not good and I've even found expensive Villeroy Boch stuff horrible to fit as nothing lines up properly

I fitted my Ideal Standard bath/toilet & basin fifteen years ago and it still looks as good as the day it was fitted. replaced the toilet seat a couple of times due to discolouring.

I wouldn't rate their boilers too much though.

Sponsored Links
Ideal Standard
Roca
Twyfords
Bristan
Mira
Manhattan

... Never had a problem with any of these :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back