Ideal Logic/Logic+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I thought I would start a new thread about this boiler.
My original Vokera Excel lasted at least 15 years but finally needed replacing. My Boiler man had let me down during some work he was doing which forced me to find a new engineer.
I got a number of quotes, but each company would only want to fit their preferred make and did not have many nice things to say about other makes. This made it very hard to compare.

Anyway, I finally decided on the company who had been highly recommended by a number of friends for quality of work. There preferred brand was Ideal. I looked at all the brochures online and all seemed ok. I decided on the new Logic + based on the features and warranty and the fact Ideal seemed to be well established and in the boiler trade for ages.

It wasn't until I had accepted the quote that I came on the boards and found out that Ideal have got a bad reputation. I won't lie, it made me very nervous.

Anyway, its all fitted in and as a consumer, I am very pleased with it. Its been in and running a week now with no problems. :)

It would be interesting to hear other peoples comments specifically about the logic and logic+ as, perhaps they have sorted themselves out :?:

Please don't start any fights about who hates Ideal, I am just interested in how this new boiler is being received..

Alex.

Sponsored Links
i will follow this closely
1. because i believe it will fail
2. you will soon be back for help

just my opinion based on the crap that ideal have produced recently, i have no knowledge of how good or bad this model is or will be, i'm not going to take the chance!
ideal as a company stink and their customer service is no service at all, i only hope for your sake that all goes well.

Sponsored Links
This boiler will have to be quite good. As if its not we'll probably see the death of another british company! Last chance saloon.
Even if it is ok, still no better than plenty of other boilers on the market. no reason to buy one.

Well for past couple of months in plumbcentre the conversation has been about who is going to be brave enough or daft enough to fit one first.
Last monday one of the lads took the plunge.
On tuesaday morning sitting behind the counter was the boiler re boxed up and defect label on it .
Got it on the wall and it done absolutly zilch , completly dead .
Changed for another one and thats lasted the week and a bit SO far

Well for past couple of months in plumbcentre the conversation has been about who is going to be brave enough or daft enough to fit one first.
Last monday one of the lads took the plunge.
On tuesaday morning sitting behind the counter was the boiler re boxed up and defect label on it .
Got it on the wall and it done absolutly zilch , completly dead .
Changed for another one and thats lasted the week and a bit SO far

PMSL :LOL: :LOL: so its the dogs Boll.... is it. just as i suspected another crate of ****e from my favourite manufacturer :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

plumbs must be collecting dead boilers, my local branch has 2 WB combi's. Both passed Q/C at factory but have what appear to be split h/ex

You can't polish a turd but Ideal has rolled one in glitter and renamed it the Logic. :LOL:

You can't polish a turd but Ideal has rolled one in glitter and renamed it the Logic. :LOL:

Hi

I am sure it was when they brought out the Icos/ Isars that Ideal had an advert with the tag line '70 years making boilers'. Well they still haven't got it right IMO.

I then received a firm kick in the groin from the Icos.

I will never touch one again., that's how I receive it.

Thanet.

Regardless of whether these end up good or bad, why would anyone want to fit such a large, heavy and ugly boiler :confused: :eek:

Fek me dave have you seen how many on here say fit viessman or Atag so loads

I like the look of the ATAG, shame it's too big for normal kitchen installations.

Can't stand Veissmann though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back