Ideal Logic?

Be that as it may, Ideal is voted by installers as worst brand on the market with an overwhelming majority.

and yet there are thousands of the bastards out there.

i like the look of the logic, its far better laid out than their previous nightmares and if they use quality parts it might be a winner for them. i also like the intelligent preheat. only time will tell if it turns out to be another turd.

i have to agree though, i wouldnt take the chance if i was an installer, not for a good five years anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Sounds like it would be a bit daft to go ahead with Ideal Logic, at least until its a proven product.

So - any views on the best alternative? In our old house, we had a Potterton (although not a combi) which gave us many trouble free years. Are they up to scratch on combis?

Pottys are ok-ish, not bad for a budget boiler, but like all the rest of the stuff made in Italy, it is far from top notch.

Atag, WB, Vailant are usually considered the top products, and having seen the latest developments of Viessmann, I think they can be added to that list.

Downsides:
Atag, very small in UK, and hyper expensive (service contract to qualify for 5-year warrantee is almost £1000)
WB, a lot of RGI's find them hard to work on, and cheaper models are less good.
Vailant, easily the worst customer support of all brands, too such a degree that a significant number of installers have switched to other brands.

Viessmann, and WB give full 5 year warrantee, parts and labour. Not sure if Vaillant do 5 years on all parts and labour.
Afaik, Atag will only honour the warrantee if you but their £1000 service program.

Here's a selection to keep you busy in rough order of price.
ATAG
Viessmann vitodens 100
Worcester CDI
Vaillant ecotec
Baxi Platinum
Remeha Avanta
Glowworm ultracom cxi
Biasi Riva Advance HE

Sponsored Links
I'm just a consumer, and i'm going for the logic+. Based on my heating engineers personal experience of Ideal and from looking at the literature etc. I can't afford a top of the range brand, and my engineer fits preventitive bits like Magnaclean and descaller etc..

I must admit, I am concerned by what I have read on Forums about Ideal, but I guess the only way this new boiler will get a valid reputation good or bad, is if someone buys one. (so thats me) lol

I will let you all know how I get on over the next 5 years :confused: :) :confused:

You'd be better off having a Broag fitted and probably cheaper to boot.

have the logic, its a good product, unlike there other models. If it plays up they will jump through hoops to sort it. My prototype version is still working perfectly. And i do not work for Ideal.

I'm just a consumer, and i'm going for the logic+. Based on my heating engineers personal experience of Ideal and from looking at the literature etc. I can't afford a top of the range brand, and my engineer fits preventitive bits like Magnaclean and descaller etc..

I am sorry if it disallusions you, but when I read that, it makes me think that your installer fits the Magnaclean because he is not going to power flush the system!

The vast majority of boiler faults during the first six months are installer "errors" and "saving time and money".

I went to one last week and both the installer and another RGI the owner called were so stupid that they had not noticed the auto air vent was closed. Thast was in spite of the boiler making obvious air sounds. They both blamed the pump! That cost the owner £84 !

To Shambolic, ( is that a good choice of screen name for an Ideal engineer? ) I have only spoken about what other engineers seem to be saying and I have not stated my own views. I do have them, but it would be unfair to manufacturers for me to be too opinionated.

Tony

Why do you charge £84? Can you not round it up to £85? Sounds much better, kind of more solid... :LOL:

that £1 is his discount for not being registered.

£84 can be halved and then halved again!

Its not as expensive as £85 and in this competitive world......

Tony

Bargin! I for one think Agile should be charging £85 a day, not £84 he is selling himself short :LOL:

dunno about a bargain, dont forget if you dont give him a cup of tea he may not fix your boiler properly and he definately wont be back to fix it next time. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back