Ideal Logic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new combi boiler for my flat - fitter is recommending the Ideal Logic.

Seems like Ideal is a dirty word on this forum - have things improved with this model?

Sponsored Links
Did you chose this installer and that boiler?

I dont think any pro on this site would currently recommend Ideal at the moment.

Any competent installer should be able to fit any make of boiler!

Tony

to early to tell if any good as it just been released not that long ago but going by past record I would steer clear.

Sponsored Links
Hmm... wonder why he'd recommend them.

Are they perhaps offering 'incentives' to fitters to promote these models?

These boilers have been out on field trials for over 6 months now and I have not attended one in that time they have also been on general release for a few weeks now tae and again myself or any of my engineers in the whole of Scotland have not attended one.

Tony this model is a cracking boiler and a vast improvement on anything produced before.
please dont descend into the same brow beating as others on here before even seeing the thing or experiencing it!
:D ;)

Ideal have never made so much as a decent combi in their entire existence, let alone a good one.
Yes, theoretically, it is possible that the miracle has happened, and this is the first one.
$64000 question: why should you volunteer to be a guinea pig?
I find any installer that highly recommends to choose Ideal very suspect.
Why not pay a few quid more, and get a brand that has proven to be good and gives a 5 year no quibble guarantee.
There have been more than just a few tales of Ideal not honouring warrantee problems too.

I remember thr trainer at Hull telling us that the M30100 had been out on field trials as well.

No doubt the Isar was as well. We all know where that got us :rolleyes:

Perhaps the Logic will turn out to be a good boiler, but sadly I'm not going to risk it. It could be 18 months before the faults show as on the Isar/Icos

Not to mention the one with the design fault in the flue that makes it rot away in 2 or 3 years.
Was that the same that developed the hole in the casing behind the heatengine?

I've had one on trial for ages in my home and its not missed a beat, ask your installer if you can have the LogicX as it comes with a 5 year G/tee. There is not a great difference in price,(so I belive)

To say ideal have never made a good combi is wrong . The original sprint was a good boiler that lasted around 20 years.

Trouble is just now no one will risk fitting an ideal after the problems with response//icos and isar

was reading the sales buff and it had the fact you can turn off pre-heat as a feature :LOL:

but I guess it can only get better if you compare it to the isar...

Ideal certainly get some bad comments & yet if you look thru the posts from week to week you will see more problems from other makes inc Vailant & Worcester every day on this forum,

Be that as it may, Ideal is voted by installers as worst brand on the market with an overwhelming majority.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back