ideas and design for a wood storage/maybe add a mini work area.

So, am I imagining this correctly, a wood store 6x3, 6 high, backing onto the wood fence? that can also double up as a mini work area/table, with some kind of polycarbonate roof?

Were you thinking wood store underneath and some type of worktop table?

Sponsored Links
I am thinking of putting in a roll out work bench, and that work bench to be a wood storage area, with a smaller shelf that I can store some 2x4’s that I would be working on. This is going to be on the car port area against the fence and right next to next doors garage. So the wind and weather is not really a problem.

Now where you maybe confused, down the side of our house there is a path that isn’t used for anything except storage, this is where I currently store any wood, furniture while my sister was moving house, and some other bits for summer/winter.

Hello

so, I have built the framework for my small work area storage shed thing… I built it to a size of wood sheet that I planned on using, but had the opportunity to get smaller sheet boards but a higher quality and thickness, for a fraction of the cost.

so, I just want to know what you would do, and see if this is an okay idea really. Do I cut 200mm off each board, or can the boards butt up against each other not being attached to the frame there, but would be attached less than 200mm from the edge of the boards be an okay thing? the boards are not the final layer btw, I plan to get shiplap or make something that resembles shiplap (using router). If this idea To keep the boards at full width, isn’t ideal, would a small connection of either a thin strip of wood or a metal connection plate placed here and there help?

not quite sure i understand but you can join boards away from the structure on say 2x1 tile batons [cheap] or 3x1" planed [22x69mm] even 2x1"/44x21mm planed along all open edges but 2x1 plained needs careful positioning off screws to avoid breaking the edge off the board or baton as your talking a 20-21mm area each side with a 2mm gap between sheets

Sponsored Links
Okay, sorry my communication skills are not great.

so, think of a grid, say tic tac toe, the boards normally meet up at the post/timber… they are then screwed in place…

well my boards don’t line up at the timber as it would need for plasterboard, so, the ends of the boards meet up in the centre of the grid, not on the post. Else I would loose a lot more wood than I would like.

I am going to seal off each board with caulk, paint and silicon, before I add the outer shiplap where you can see the shed, no point doing it at the back as it can’t be seen.

you dont have to cut boards short just joint them as my last post
all you are actually doing joining the loose ends together with a baton

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back