Ideas on cheep flooring for night club/ Restaurant and bar

If they are soft and spongy then in all probability any finish will fail fairly quickly. In bars, clubs or restaurants I've worked on I was used to seeing tile (ceramic or natural stone) in the highest traffic areas with industrial quality lino (or simar), solid hardwood or the like being used in medium traffic areas. Go into a departmement store such as John Lewis and take a look at what they use and where and maybe you"ll llearn something. Carpet has a tendency to get mucky and sticky where people drop drinks on it, meaning that industrial quality carpet tiles can be a better bet in seating areas.

As to floor paint - that is a down market (grunge/industrial) finish but it still needs a solid smooth hard surface such as concrete beneath it.

Sponsored Links
Only if it is solid, say 18mm hardwood ply in good condition, but even then it won"t last that long and TBH it looks cheap and nasty. Doesn't side step the need to have anti slip nosings on the stairs, though.

Is it in Oldham? Based on my experience of a night out on Yorkshire Street then sand, sawdust or similar blood and bodily fluid absorbing material would probably be your best bet.

Sponsored Links
Only if it is solid, say 18mm hardwood ply in good condition, but even then it won"t last that long and TBH it looks cheap and nasty. Doesn't side step the need to have anti slip nosings on the stairs, though.
Its not the downstairs or steps or stairwell I am intested in painting it is the upstair open floor area that will be the dance floor. I want something a bit shinny/ glossy and with little twinkes of star dust in it to give it that stary nights sky effect. Do you know if any floor paint can give this effect or if I could add a mix to the paint

Is it in Oldham? Based on my experience of a night out on Yorkshire Street then sand, sawdust or similar blood and bodily fluid absorbing material would probably be your best bet.
Thing have changed a lot now in the town centre and there is a lot of development going on. The coucil are now pushing this too

You live in Oldham? you do building work?
Got any old carpets, tables and cairs, counters and stuff that you usualy skip that you would sell on for a small fee?

If you need a dance floor, look at stuff made by Grumpy Joe
https://www.grumpyjoe.co.uk/

It's industry standard - not cheap compared to paint but has a resale value

Also look at products made by Flints
http://flints.co.uk/content/

However it all depends on a stable floor
Plenty of pubs clubs have a layer of new but aged boards fitted over the existing floor

If you need a dance floor, look at stuff made

It's industry standard - not cheap compared to paint but has a resale value
I recon it would cost about a grand to do. To expencive! for a waether spoon pub modual in a rough part of town
What about lino?

P.S. I do remember a while ago someone telling me about some sort of paint floor cleaner that you would paint on and when dry it would leave a shinny surface that you could either peal off or leave on
Ring any bells anyone?

Last edited:
I recon it would cost about a grand to do. To expencive! for a waether spoon pub modual in a rough part of town
The thing about Wetherspoons is that having fitted out a few in the past I can say that they actually don't skimp on the fittings or carpets (did you know that ever pub has a different bespoke carpet design?) and even the "lino" is industrisl grade heavy duty vinyl when (rarely) it is used. They seem to work on the basis that the better stuff lasts much longer - and if you need to shut down for a day or more every 6 to 12 months to replace defective flooring then you soon lose the financial benefit of cheeseparing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back