Identify keypad and adding proxy tags to scantronic 9943en?

Update... I bought a proxy tag off ebay and there was no beep when I held it close to the keypad. I tried to assign a new user (using the instructions) and holding the proxy tag near the keypad when entering new code, but did not recognise the tag or make a bleed. Looks like I've got a 9941 pad. I did try and take the keypad face on previously but it has a sensor / spring so when opened the alarm goes off, I didn't want to try to do this again. I have cctv as well on the house and delivery address was my my workplace. Thanx for all your help, looks like I will have to teach my mum how to use the alarm, wish me luck!

Sponsored Links
To answer most of the above questions and dispel a couple of myths about NFC tags and the 9943en keybpad.
The first answers about the vulnerability of the keyfob being cloned and re-used by the seller or other malicious parties.

Genuine tags are created using standard 1000bit NFC tags and have installed a randomly generated number string.
The 9943en keypad has a copper enamel coated wire winding just inside the front panel of the keypad.

The control panel MUST be in engineer mode to avoid a keypad tamper alarm if/when you remove the keypad cover.
This determines the difference between 9941 and the NFC enabled 9943 keypad variants.

With an NFC enabled smartphone, one can reprogram rewritable tags, as long as your new ID code is 9943en compliant, you can change the tag ID to anything you want.
Simply use smartphone software to copy the original fob, then examine the code string, lastly rewrite a new tag with a new compliant ID code.

I've successfully cloned original fobs with a free NFC read/write android app, you can easily rewrite new codes and avoid any risk of cloned fob attacks.

When you buy something from eBay or other online sources, it's highly unlikely the seller would NOT be willing to commit burglary based on a shipping address alone, as the fobs installation location may well be different, not forgetting the seller has to register a 'verified' address with both eBay and PayPal. Also check a seller reputation before committing to any purchase.

Lastly the 9943en keypad incorporates an 'anti-guess' feature, that prevents the scanning of 'unassociated' tags, scanning a random fob can 'optionally' trigger a local alarm and/or remote autodialler response.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back