Idiot in my space

Why do we have parent and child parking anyhow? We managed for bloody years without it and then all of a sudden out pop these spaces with daft logos on them. No wonder kids grow fat and lazy. I can understand it if you have baby in push chair, but most of the kids I see are more than capable of walking. :confused: Leave the kids at home if you can, I get fed up of hearing all of that screaming nonsense in the supermarket. :evil:

Sponsored Links
When you have a disabled badge you are alos allowed to park on a double yellow line (I've been told).
Four years ago the shop we worked for then had its forecourt (with 4 customer parking plots) on a town road with double yellow lines.
One day a lady parked right in front of the forecourt, on the double line, and got out of the car to go into town. I called her back, asking her why she blocked our customer car-park?
You can guess her answer, can you !

I told her what I thought of her disabled 'logic' and asked her kindly to stop blocking my trade!

AdamW said:
However, when I left the restaurant I noticed that some lazy g*ts, able-bodied with no orange sticker, who had been there for a meal, left and got into their car (on another disabled space) and drove off. It's not like there was nowhere else to park, the restaurant is on a leisure park with about a square mile of parking :eek:.

You parked there to save yourself a 50 yard walk, why shouldn't they?

AdamW wrote:

However, when I left the restaurant I noticed that some lazy g*ts, able-bodied with no orange sticker, who had been there for a meal, left and got into their car (on another disabled space) and drove off. It's not like there was nowhere else to park, the restaurant is on a leisure park with about a square mile of parking .

You parked there to save yourself a 50 yard walk, why shouldn't they?

I was there for 3 minutes, and never let the car out of my sight. So, I was not actually taking up a space. I had considered just blocking in a few other cars in normal spaces, but figured there was a space there.

However, the lazy gets I saw getting into theirs had just been paying for a 3-course meal (which in that place takes a good hour and a half) whilst I was sorting out the double-charged card issue.

Sponsored Links
I actually disagree with Disabled and Parent/Child Parking spaces on principle. Of course I recognise that some people genuinly require special privaleges, however these people should not be driving a vehicle.

Lets be perfectly honest here, driving a vehicle on todays roads requires comsumate concentration and reaction times, can those who are genuily disabled to the point of actually needling special bays actually fit this bill?

I don't say this to discriminate, but is not discriminating against able bodied people equally wrong?

Parent Child Bays are simply PC gone bad, and I always use them,e ven though I have no children.

Most parking spaces are not actually wide enough for many everyday cars and so I will not use them unless I have no choice.

Regarding the disability issue, I think these people who need this special priveledge should have a different badge from the Blue one, and this should allow them to park anywhere so long as they ahve an able bodied driver.

All the Blue Badge holders should only have special drop off areas, then the vehicle should be parked in normal bays.

FWL_Engineer said:
I actually disagree with Disabled and Parent/Child Parking spaces on principle. Of course I recognise that some people genuinly require special privaleges, however these people should not be driving a vehicle.
A predictably nasty view.

Lets be perfectly honest here, driving a vehicle on todays roads requires comsumate concentration and reaction times, can those who are genuily disabled to the point of actually needling special bays actually fit this bill?
When I drive my car, I don't use my left foot at all. In fact, I could drive my car perfectly well if I didn't have a left foot, or even a left leg.

Wouldn't be able to walk very far though.

Ban, as usual you have selectivley edited my post top suit your own bitter and twisted view, as you seen to do to many of my posts.

I am not against Disabled people, in fact I think their are many able bodies people who should not be driving too as I do not think they are mentally able to cope with driving and the pressures it creates.

But then you think I'm simply nasty, but as you don't know me, I don't give a stuff about you an your liberal kiss arse views. It is eople like you who are creating all this liberalism and active discriminiation that is destroying society today.

FWL_Engineer said:
Most parking spaces are not actually wide enough for many everyday cars and so I will not use them unless I have no choice.

You probably find them difficult because you always park in the wider bays. Millions of people park in ordinary bays every day without any problem, I would suggest you find an empty carpark and practice parking between the white lines until you are as good at it as the rest of us.

I always saw disabled and parent & child spaces as a way of giving a break to people who could do with one, without causing that much inconvenience to everyone else.

When you've got kids to load/unload, you need to have doors at both sides wide open to get them in and out. You also don't really want to be dragging toddlers around the car park and crossing 'roads' with them if you can avoid it.

Similar goes for disabled spaces, when genuinely used - Just to give them a bit more space and a bit less far to travel.

Didn't object to them when I wasn't a parent, and am quite glad of them now - Let's everyone else park without fear of getting their doors dented, or the possibility of running over a child too. In the words of Bill & Ted, they're just a way to..........

FWL_Engineer said:
Ban, as usual you have selectivley edited my post top suit your own bitter and twisted view, as you seen to do to many of my posts.
OK - that's easily fixed.

=====================================================

FWL_Engineer said:
A predictably nasty view.

When I drive my car, I don't use my left foot at all. In fact, I could drive my car perfectly well if I didn't have a left foot, or even a left leg.

Wouldn't be able to walk very far though.

I don't say this to discriminate, but is not discriminating against able bodied people equally wrong?

Parent Child Bays are simply PC gone bad, and I always use them,e ven though I have no children.

Regarding the disability issue, I think these people who need this special priveledge should have a different badge from the Blue one, and this should allow them to park anywhere so long as they ahve an able bodied driver.

All the Blue Badge holders should only have special drop off areas, then the vehicle should be parked in normal bays.

=====================================================

There.

One point i'd like to make on this is, someone shouldn't be discriminated against simply because they are different and perhaps not through their own fault, this means assisting them so that they feel part of society and can fit in best as they can. If this means making allowances then so be it.

I think that parent-and-child spaces are a good idea for one reason... have you ever come back to your car to find some ditzy woman trying to buckle up her kid in the back seat, with the door of her car slammed up into yours? I know I have. They don't seem to understand that I really don't give a s**t about making HER life easier. All I care about is that my car leaves the car park as unscathed as it was when it went in. I hope that their child is properly secured in that car, and I certainly wish her no harm, but I really don't see why my paintwork should suffer for HER convenience whilst offering no benefit to me.

But if she was parked in a parent-and-child space, her mum-mobile/daddy-wagon would be parked well away from your man-mobile.

Jim is right in that spaces aren't generally wide enough for everyday cars, it is true. Cars have got bigger, wider. Remember the Ferrari F40? An amazing car. I've seen a few, last time was in Godalming in Surrey. Beautiful car. And like most supercars, pretty wide. When it was released, journalists marvelled at it's almost unfeasible wide track. Some might even have called it impractically wide.

The F40 was 1980mm wide.

The Ford Focus is 1991mm wide.

Spaces often aren't big enough. They need to make a minimum legal space size, or switch to the US two-size car parks with pansy-car spaces and man-car spaces.

i am guilty of using the parent and child spaces when i am in my transit van as the other spaces are way too small for me to use never been clamped yet or had anything put on me window

AdamW said:
The Ford Focus is 1991mm wide.
Across the body, or tips of the mirrors?

If everybody parked sensibly, there would be plenty of room for everybody to get in and out of both sides of their cars. It's funny how much better people become at getting between the white lines in pay car parks where there is the threat of a ticket if they don't....

To the mirrors, but the F40 dimension was "total width" too.

Even if you park between the white lines it doesn't guarantee good parking. If someone parks right up to the line then instead of two feet to open your door you have 12 inches.

Just wait until they start buying Peugeot 1007s! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back