Definition of a pillock

Errr, 'fraid you can't clamp someones car even if you put a sign up. It must be authorised and registered. If you do clamp someones car like this then you a potentially liable for trespass, criminal damage, and a right good kicking. WRT to painting lines, as this is a block of masinettes, you need to gain the leaseholders permission for this. (I assume it is a leasehold)

Sorry, I know it sucks, but that's how it is.

Sponsored Links
Well no, you see it is a weird type of lease.

If you can imagine a row of three, two-storey houses, terraced, but each floor is a flat with it's own front door etc. I have one of the 1st floor ones, my lease is a "peppercorn" lease, which is a lease in name only and is as near to freehold as you can get when effectively hovering 10 feet above the ground!

There is nothing in the way of maintenance, ground rent etc. The only stipulation is, the guy downstairs is responsible for everything up to the underside of my concrete slab, I am responsible for everything from the underside of my concrete slab upwards. I.e. he looks after the foundations, I look after the roof. The land is owned by the owner of the flat underneath me. However, as far as I recall, the parking spaces and gardens (we each have one about 7m by 4m) are freehold. We don't have a landlord as such, not even the council.

I suppose I had better check this, means getting out the deeds though and all the legal guff that the solicitor gave me.

I wasn't seriously going to clamp anyone, that's asking for trouble. Anti-climb paint on the doorhandles mind ;)

Well it sounds a surprise that you were able to discuss it amicably, considering the type of reaction we mostly expect these days. Some would even suggest that instead of painting the lines on the ground you might feel better emptying the contents of the tin on his front path, but as you've discussed it, no way.
I do believe that there are extra restrictions on the parking of trailers.
I did have a dispute over parking outside a house once where the offending vehicle was high sided. Luckily, again able to discuss it, I pointed out that there was more sense in parking in a street that runs alongside a property, ie. just around a corner, which the guy seemed to like.
Our set up is with the parking to the rear of the maisonettes and quite often you get some clot parked across the driveway, so a hand on the horn for three minutes usually makes the point.

Just get Jasy around for a w/e could have it 'Shipshape and Bristol fashion' No messing .....
Too many cars ... wait a sec, too many people ! .. I say, jasy got a mo' ?
;)

Sponsored Links
There is only one way to discuss things in Bris mate. You know the score ;)

jasy said:
There is only one way to discuss things in Bris mate. You know the score ;)

I couldn't live in Bristol, my handbrake's rubbish ;)

Will be keeping an eye on neighbour, it is a high-sided vehicle but I remember that my deeds don't have any "right to light" on them.

This is a problem a lot of people here must face. You need a van for your work, but you can't afford a house with a great big parking area on the front. What do you do?

HGV drivers park their tractors in special depots and drive there in their normal car. Perhaps there is a market for secure van parking, so people can leave tools in overnight etc? In my case, those of us who own parking spaces are effectively subsidising his business. How much rent can you collect on a parking spot? ;)

Back