Idiot in my space

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:

Have you never had the situation where even though you'd started indicating, and started slowing down long before the space, when you do stop just beyond it so that you can reverse in, the cretin in the car behind you has stopped too close to you for you to be able to do so?

Not a problem, I just sit there and wait for them to move. If they look annoyed with me I give them a cheery wave.

Have you ever been beaten into a space you were actually driving into at the time?

This has happened twice to me, at the same supermarket car park.

The first time I was incredulous - I said to the old dear "What did you think I was trying to do?" I had just lined up to reverse into the space and she drove in forwards as my car was actually moving.

She just shrugged her shoulders and trotted off.

The second time it happened, it was right at the end of a dead-end aisle. I was reversing into the space and the other driver had moved forward into it from the space behind, again, as I was obviously reversing into it.

As luck would have it, the space opposite the space they had nicked, was occupied, but they could get out forwards, so I waited till they had gone in to the shop, then I parked in front of the space-nicker. And made sure that I got every last item on the list. And spent time browsing things I had no intention of buying.

When I got back, an hour and a half later, the driver was livid.

What a shame.

Sponsored Links
Yup - happened to me twice.

Both times I've appeared to give in, and park elsewhere, and waited until they've been in the shop for a few minutes.

Then let one of the f*****s tyres down, and skedaddle to another car park or supermarket lest they become violent.

I once went with a friend into Sheffield for a stag night. Someone suggested that we parked in the carpark of the office block where they worked as long as we moved the car before 8am monday morning.

Sadly we didn't arrive to move the car til 9.30am. The car park was full and there was a small car parked sideways across the front of my mates car so he couldn't get out. We went in to the reception and a maintenance bloke told us the other car belonged to the office security guard and he wanted to give us a bol**king before he moved his car but he was on his rounds.

We waited round about 5 mins and then my mate suggested trying to move the little car (I can't remember for the life of me what sort it was.)
We found that it was quite easy to give the back gentle sideways bounces and by the time we had moved it enough to squeeze our car out there must have been about 40 office staff leaning out of the windows, watching us and laughing.

I would have loved to see the guy's face when he came back and found his car diagonally across the carpark, blocking the road in both directions.

BTW I'm much too responsible to do this sort of thing nowadays. ;)

I remember we had this guy we worked beside. He was really well off
with both his parents being doctor consultants and he let us all know
that he was a major shareholder in the company we worked for.
He was a right 'Plonker' getting up everybody's nose and was always
telling us that he was always correct because of his public schooling.

This day he arrived at the office with a brand new motor car costing
a fortune. He went on all day about how great it was to drive this car
and took great pleasure in showing it off.

Well needless to say we had to sort him out.

The first thing we did was to get one of the office ladies to hold him
in a conversation. My mate and I then got hold of a small hydraulic
jack and jacked the front wheels of his car to just half an inch off the ground.

That night it was dark about five o'clock when we finished and we held
back to watch him from a window viewing the car park. I could'nt
stop laughing he was revving the car up, but going no where.

He was in and out the car more times than I could count. He even looked
under the car but did not notice the jack. We then went out and asked
what was wrong. Do you know he told us that it was nothing and that he was going back into the office to collect something he had left.

While he was in the office we took the jack away. My mate and I then
left and walked round the corner and stood in a doorway. About twenty minutes later an AA vehicle arrived. I wonder what he said to him .

All I can say that in our Bus' journey home we had a great laugh.

He never mentioned the car at all next day.

Have you ever noticed that parallel parking is an alien concept in some places? For example, in my parents' town I have never managed to complete the manoeuvre without use of the horn. Some doddery fool will pull right up to your back bumper, despite the fact you were indicating in plenty of time, and won't shift even when you have slotted into reverse. But in other towns, they always seem to understand your intention and leave you plenty of room.

Perhaps the ability to switch on your reversing lights whilst still moving forwards would be handy? :confused:

I can only think of one time when someone pinched a space whilst I was parking in it. I explained that I had been waiting for that space with my indicator on whilst the former occupant had loaded their car, and that I had an 84-year-old man in the car who had difficulty walking, thus needed to be parked near the shop. She simply shrugged and said "But I'm only going in Argos for 10 minutes!". :rolleyes: Right, like that makes it all better. Because I could wait 10 minutes to get my rightful space back. My response to that can only be described as "somewhat fruity". ;) :LOL:

I used to work in an office where there was insufficient parking, and what everyone did was to fill the car park, blocking people in, but leave the keys in. There was security on the gate, so the local tea-leafs couldn't avail themselves of this bounty, and they were all company cars, so we were all OK to drive any of them, and basically what you did was to move cars around to get yours out if you needed.

Sometimes it was like one of those puzzles with the sliding tiles, and once I had to move 6 cars to get mine out.

Sponsored Links
Back