Idiot in my space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just came home to find a Merc A-class parked across my space and my neighbour's space... An A-class needs 2 spaces?!

I've left a note on their windscreen:

"Dear driver,

The Mercedes website describes the A-Class as having a 'compact exterior'... so why does yours require two spaces (one of them being my allocated space)?

Please prove the Mercedes marketing team right by parking more considerately.

Yours,

Confounded"

I think that gets the message across without being antagonistic... still, one neighbour is pretty keen on getting a clamp and a warning sign :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There you are, you can get your point over perfectly adequately without having to resort to nasty comments, well thought out Adam.

I got to Tesco once, to see a somewhat large lady getting out of her jeep, parked next to me, in the Parent and Child spaces (of which my car contained one of each).

I left a note on the windscreen to the effect of 'This is Parent & Child parking, not for lazy people like yourself'

I then spent my whole trip round Tesco wishing I'd put selfish instead of lazy and vowing to change it if it was still there when I got back.

When I got back, aforementioned fatty had just got back into her car and noticed the note on the windscreen. she reached down inside her windscreen a couple of times, realised it was on the outside and then got out and read it.

Her face then changed into what can best be described as a mask of rage, and she stormed back into Tesco to complain. Given that she obviously didn't have a child with her, God knows what she was going to base her complaint on, but I'm glad I was there to see her pick it up.

My friend Colin used to have a long ruler with a notch in, which was sufficient to get into a car in t'old days. On more than one occasion I saw him use this to roll someone's car out of the way, and once to nick a 20p Pay-And-Display ticket in a car park in Southend.

Sponsored Links
jtaunton said:
Her face then changed into what can best be described as a mask of rage, and she stormed back into Tesco to complain. Given that she obviously didn't have a child with her, God knows what she was going to base her complaint on, but I'm glad I was there to see her pick it up.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I hope the customer-service clerk had their logic hat on that day :LOL: "So, you were in the parent-and-child spaces, where was your child?" :LOL:

I often use the family spaces when shopping with my kids. They are often full, so one time I parked (a long way away from the store entrance) across two spaces so I had room to get them in and out.

When I got back, there was an irate note on the screen saying

"YOU F***ING ****** - CAN'T PARK - BET YOUR C*CK IS TINY! F*CK OFF AND DON'T COME BACK!",

along with a large scratch on the bonnet.

I wish I had left a note explaining why I had parked like I did, and next time I shall. In large letters on the windscreen so everyone knows why I parked "inconsiderately".

The thing that really annoyed me was that sometimes you can't help parking over the line, if your neighbours are also parked across the line......

securespark said:
When I got back, there was an irate note on the screen saying

"YOU F***ING **** - CAN'T PARK - BET YOUR C*CK IS TINY! F*CK OFF AND DON'T COME BACK!",

along with a large scratch on the bonnet.

Wasn't me - Promise !!

What? A fatty or a lazy person who is not overweight?

I am the former, but not lazy enough to park selfishly.

A fatty. But actually not that lazy, and don't eat anywhere near as much as my (admittedly chain-smoking) skinny friends either.

I remember this happening to me and I though what am I going to do.

I got a note and put on it :-

'Sorry I scratched your car but I will pay for the damage'

Left contact name Mr Brown and made up telephone number.

A woman returned to the car while I was just down the street
and she spent about 5 minutes going all over her car.

She then left.

If two have inconsiderately parked, with the final parking spot between them and resulting in straddling a line ... Do you take the space? Pound to a pinch of doodah, both cars leave just after you walk away .... leaving just one par 'kin plonker ... Personally I park as far from entrance as reasonably possible, timed it at local big s/market 10 secs dif just strolling, again, the reality of time taken is far less than that perceived... The secret of serenity !

Being around during the day I see some bad parking in my road, not always for too long, but a pain for the 'hurried and harried' arriving unexpectedly ..... I mean, everyone is at work during the day, aren't they?

;) :D :D

Parking isn't really that hard, and luckily you can always pull out and shufty about a bit to get it straight. Yet so many people seem intent to get it done at maximum speed, on the first go, and don't care if they get it wrong.

Diagonal spaces seem to be much easier for those who are not so apt at parking. This would have the additional bonus that people would be forced to observe the one way systems in supermarket car parks (how often do you get shi**y looks from someone who is trying to drive the wrong way or steal your space :LOL: )

Something that amuses my friends is that I am rubbish at getting it right first time in a "normal" parking space and almost always have to move it about a bit, but I can parallel park very quickly and accurately... comes from spending a lot of my driving life in London I guess :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back