IEC sockets - 2 gang and fused switches question.

Do you really need them on separate switches?

Why not install one SFCU near the floor as in your original plan, then install a flex outlet plate behind the TV with the TV and soundbar connected directly into it? Yes it looses the flexibility of unplugging and taking away the equipment but space for the connecters would no longer be a problem. If not then connect an IEC splitter to the flex outlet and continue with your cutting off plug and replacing with IEC male idea (if there is room to conceal them).

Sponsored Links
The plate you linked too is designed for a cooker and hob. Something like this would be more appropriate

http://cpc.farnell.com/british-gene.../dp/PL03379?in_merch=Products From This Range

7967596.jpg

If you don't mind not being able to unplug the appliances then the plugs could be removed and wired directly into the outlet (as long as there is a FCU further upstream). I would prefer to use an IEC splitter out the flex plate and then the IEC plugs on the tv/sound bar as they could be removed, if there is enough room to conceal them?

Thanks again mate

Yup understand now about the hard wiring of the device into the flex and I'm certainly more comfortable with the idea to use an IEC splitter. More convenient and a lot less scary. ;)

Final question... What fuse rating should I be using in the switched FCU to protect both TV and Sound bar? 10amp sounds right but not sure.... Perhaps I need to wait for the gear before I ask!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back