IEE / NICEIC CERTIFICATES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again - can anyone tell me this - if a qualified electrician replaces a faulty light fitting or a faulty socket facia, should he then provide a 'Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate' or a 'Periodic Inspection Report' or is no certification required in these instances?
Regards
Malc F.

Sponsored Links
Reading between the lines he should really provide a minor works certificate. A periodic inspection report is only really carried out at your request.

There is no real need to provide a MWC for a like for like replacement, but as a minimum I would like to think that the electrican does a EFLI test at that light/socket.
A quick look over the mains position is also a good idea.

Once again, thanks for replies Spark123 & Ricicle, info much appreciated, puts my mind at rest!
Regards
Malc F.

Sponsored Links
I agree entirely with rice.

We are not required to provide a MWC for like-for-like changes, however, our nuts would be removed if we did not make & record an EFLI test, as a minimum.

Depends what they want it for, if you were asked to provide a certificate for maintenance record purposes the MWC would be the one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back