IEE Regs

The fixed installation between the circuit main control and conversion box should in my opinion be completed in cable rather than flex. My original questions should be noted, I was asking for the reg number so that the installers can convince me otherwise.
That's your opinion, but unfortunately that is not a requirement of BS7671. ... Providing the flexed installation is compliant to 521.9.1.
Indeed - that sounds like a reasonable paraphrase of what I just wrote!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
My concern, (along with earth clamps fitted to painted pipes
Earth clamps to what part of the installation, I assume the exiting installation was bonded, prior to this work
earth fault loop readings when no test was carried out
Lack of testing, I love it, that's cheered me up, hardly any one gives a toss. How do you know this test was not carried out, and what is stated on your documents?
with a boiler that is fitted to a timber panel, with a overflow/vent pipe that finishes 100mm above a plasterboard ceiling rather than into a tank................ and the story goes on)

Next you will telling us the tank is in the loft and uninsulated as are the pipes within the loft and has no lid or an over flow pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back