If Blighty is a racist xenophobic country way are so many eu nationals flocking here ?

It takes the grand amount of 3 minutes to apply and 24 hours to get the definitive settled status.

I've gone through the process myself.
3 minutes flat to apply.
Confirmation of settled status in less than 24 hours.

It's all in the gov.uk website.
The short version is:
Pre-settle status: eu nationals who have been living permanently in uk less than 5 years and intend to stay. They'll receive settled status after completion of the 5 years, providing they behave.
Settled status (mine): 3 minutes application via the app. They check nin and nhs records and confirm you've been here longer than 5 years. Settled status confirmation in less than 24 hours, even though you claim this is wrong.
Citizenship: must apply for naturalisation to become a British citizen and be able to apply for a British passport. The process is longer and entails language and cultural exams.

This is on top of my head and a very short summary.
If you want the Ts crossed and the Is dotted, go to the gov.uk website and document yourself.
It's quite possible that the process is simple and quick, IF you meet, and can supply proof of all the required details on initial application, which you might have done and I did.
Evidently, from your explanation, it is absolutely possible for an EU citizen to be in UK for 5 years, never having worked, i.e. dependent on someone else, and never having visited a doctor or hospital in UK. I know of many UK citizens in France who fall into such a category.

BUT, in your first post, you provided a possible experience of someone who could meet all the required proof easily. You dismissed the experience of possibly the majority of the EU migrants who were unable to provide such proof. If you had recognised the potential problems experienced by others your post would have been more acceptable, but you didn't. You provided an example of the quickest and easiest application and passed it off as the usual process.

That permit/settled status is just an email confirmation. The actual documents take considerably longer.
Except, I believe there are no documents in the case of settled status in UK, it is merely an inclusion on a database, which is untested and untried.
And EU citizens in UK have to rely on whoever is questioning their status to have access to the database.

Sponsored Links
inappropriate post removed
There's the problem. Why would anyone open a bank account several years ago, in another country when they didn't need one, either because all their finances were processed through their partner, or they had a perfectly good account with a bank in their country of origin, except after Brexit that bank could no longer meet their needs.
Having no GP registration or no NI insurance number that goes back sufficient number of years, does mean that they intended to be off the grid, it only suggests they had no need of them yet.
If their tax status was in their country of origin, they would not be registered for tax in their adopted country.
If they had no children of school age, they would have no children registered in school.
If they're pensioners, disabled, not working, they would not be working cash in hand, nor claiming benefits, if they're not registered for work.

There are thousands of people, EU nationals in UK and UK nationals in EU, who fall into such categories and are having difficulty proving that they have been resident for the required period.
Such are the difficulties that they may not even attempt to apply.

So please don't gloss over a real problem because your and my situation allowed a simple and straightforward processing.
As for your allegation of claiming benefits under a false name, that's a typical Johnny2007 unfounded, unprovable allegation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
The situation you describe probably applies to a handful of people in the whole of uk, not thousands.
Being off the grid is not "normal" as you want to make it sound.
All healthy non-working dependents of migrants would have no reason to hold bank accounts, tax registration, NI numbers, GP registration, etc.
Many part-time migrants, and their partners/dependents may own second homes, but be tax registered in their country of origin.
It's very easy to visualise a scenario of thousands of migrants not having any record to prove their residence.

For instance, how many UK people have contracts with service suppliers in a joint name? That can apply to council tax, service supplier bills, etc records also. I've never had service supplier agreements, council tax, etc records in joint names.
And even the majority of working migrants may have no record of a bank account in that country.
Why do you think there are numerous charitable organisation set up primarily to assist migrants to apply and obtain such residence permits/status?
Would it be to help a handful of people? :rolleyes:

It would cut a lot of carp out if we could read an abridged version of the thread.

Here's mine:

@rsehole

@rsehole

boll@x

the EU do not see victor as a team player

he is looked upon as a bit of a maverick
A total maverick, more like. EU have applied sanctions over his policies.

report / prog on the radio last night about how public opinion in France is changing ref all this migration caper

could be starting to adopt victors attitude ??? Which all looks good for Le Penn next year :idea:
You mean promoting hatred in society is dangerous and creates antisocial division.?
Then why do you persist in doing so?

I have, on many occasions and you keep on saying t....
You've been exposed as a racist bigot, .....
Yes, you've presented your so-called evidence before, so lets forensically examine your evidence to support your allegation, again.
Here, I post it again.
I've taken screenshots and posted it at every your request.
View attachment 234795 View attachment 234796
This was your first screen scrape:
upload_2021-5-29_16-0-6.png

It was my response to your claim that you could not possibly be racist because you were of mixed ethnicity and an immigrant.
Being partially Italian does not prevent racism, despite your claim. As I showed, by stating an historical fact, many Italians were racist during the reign of Mussolini.
It's a known and well recognised fact that many British are also racist. So mixing the two ethnicities doe not magically exclude racism, despite your belief that it does.

Your second screen scrape:
upload_2021-5-29_16-5-39.png

You've made the classic mistake of building one fallacy on a previous fallacy. Stating that many Italians supported fascism is not inherently racist, despite your nonsensical claim that it is. It's a historical fact. How do you think Mussolini was elected?
No-one suggested that having an Italian passport meant that you were Italian by descent. What made you think anyone did claim that?

Your final screen scrape was as nonsensical as your other images. It was proof that you claimed you were Italian by birth, a definition of 'native' and a definition of fascism, and not in the least racist.
upload_2021-5-29_16-11-19.png

So, please instead of the same old screen scrapes and ludicrous allegations, that prove absolutely nothing, please explain how you think any of what I said was in the slightest bit racist.

We were talking about settled status.
Pre-settled status is different.
See above.
Read mine and other's post again carefully...

There are many who should have got settled status but got pre-settled for various reasons often beyond their control...

And as for children of EU citizens who haven't got full status, then that's another minefield!

Anybody find it funny that there are people who haven't been through the system and never will, arguing the toss with someone who has and calling him a liar??

Anybody find it funny that there are people who haven't been through the system and never will, arguing the toss with someone who has and calling him a liar??
Your comment is extremely vague. Care to elaborate?
Are you still ignoring me? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back