Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
If I were in need of a trades I'd always go for word of mouth. That's easy for me I'm in the trade. WOM is not fullprove as Joe & Joanne Public don't know their arse from their armpit
when it comes to if they got good or bad job at the right price.

I advise no-one to use these review sites. Which is best if you have no alternative. I get most of my work via WOM and Google. My website has me on 1st page locally. Would like to get 1st page in the wealthier towns and villages surrounding.

Sponsored Links
'Nextdoor' neighbourhood hub website is often used. My conservatory door locking mechanism failed recently one evening and my insuror sent a locksmith at midnight who was based 70mls away to secure the door. When I used the 'Nextdoor' site the following day for a permanent fix, it identified a locksmith who lived just round the corner from me with a good local reputation.
On telling him of my woes, he said he could have popped round and fixed it in 5mins............... if only!!

Would like to get 1st page in the wealthier towns and villages surrounding.
can you add some web pages to your site?

these can act as landing pages and search engine optimised for long tail words: ie "intergas installer Cambridge", "gas boiler servicing romford"....etc etc.

dont try to be too generalised, you wont get near the top for 'plumbing services watford"

have you tried nextdoor? -if you have a relative in one of the wealthier towns you want work -set up a nextdoor account for that area.
nextdoor is a pain because it only wants to allow you access to the nextdoor group around your house, not neighbouring ones....so you have to create a different account to get into a different neighbourood.

or a local facebook group: I found a roofer recently that way.

Sponsored Links
WOM is not fullprove as Joe & Joanne Public don't know their arse from their armpit
when it comes to if they got good or bad job at the right price.
I would not say that of everyone...I find it is half the battle if you return phone calls,are punctual,and clean up well.

Back