Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK, I've got a website, started off costing about £20 a month bust went up to £25 when I wanted to add some more photos. That's incredibly cheap when you consider a two line add in the local paper.
With the website, I have on occasion been in the top 3 on google search, to maintain that position, you have to constantly work on the webpage, changing photos, changing text, if you leave it as it is, it becomes stale and doesn't register on google.
Mines well stale because I don't put the effort in, I don't put the effort in because I always seem to have enough work (WOM).

A bloke I know used checkatrade (about 8-900 per year from memory) and he cancelled it after a year because he was getting too much work, after 6 months he was short of work again.
I've always considered checkatrade to be for desperate people, I know reputable people use them as well, all tradepeople have their 'reviews' made public, but you will have difficulty finding a bad review, they don't tend to publish them.

Yellow pages is defunct now, I think people don't like following up ads in the local paper, they'd rather ask a friend or neighbour if they know of someone, that's where the word of mouth comes in.

The younger generation will always use their smartphone to find anything so that's where a website comes in handy.

Hope this helps.

PS.

The cheap website was with Vistaprint. I used them for business cards, Dutch company, very efficient, 24 hr service. You can set the website up yourself but when I did mine they did a design for about £100, a few phone calls and tweaks and it looked fine.

I am on Which apparently, had a few jobs off it but only tiddlers

I am on Which apparently, had a few jobs off it but only tiddlers

Interesting, I was recommended to Which and had an excellent review, I couldn't view it without being a subscriber so the customer printed it off for me, I blushed when I saw it.
I got a couple of calls of it as well but nothing to speak of.
I think they may have since gone onto something similar to checkatrade, they obviously saw the opportunity to make a few quid.

Interesting, I was recommended to Which and had an excellent review, I couldn't view it without being a subscriber so the customer printed it off for me, I blushed when I saw it.
I got a couple of calls of it as well but nothing to speak of.
I think they may have since gone onto something similar to checkatrade, they obviously saw the opportunity to make a few quid.

I bet the review wasn't from a school teacher. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back