IKEA Ceiling rose dismantle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

The ceiling light in question has a metal bucket type shade and a weighted mechanical pulley system for adjusting. The light has been up since before we moved into our flat, it is horrible and we want it down. The light was easy to dismantle however I can't seem to get the rose down.

Can anybody help?

Sponsored Links
Often enough these things are held by a bracket that screws into the ceiling and the mechanism is hooked onto that....
We'd really need a picture though to help with any electrical (dis)connections.
John :)

I have not taken down one of these.
But you first picture shows a grub nut in the sleeve that is at the top of the long tube next to the ceiling rose (sorry I know that is not very clear).
Have you tried undoing that Grub Nut using a small Allen Key so that the sleeve drops down teh tube and releases the rose?

Capture.JPG

sfk

Sponsored Links
Great to hear. And thank you for giving an update as always good to know what the outcome is.
SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back