IKEA Omlopp cabinet lighting - duff sensor or something else?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had IKEA Omlopp cabinet lighting in my kitchen for about a year now, very happy with it - however just experienced my first hiccup with it.

I have two big drawers, one on top of the other, and they each have the Omlopp sensor/LED fitted, however lately the bottom drawer's light no longer turns on if I open up just the bottom drawer.

If I open the top drawer, and the bottom is open, the bottom unit suddenly lights up. The top drawer works fine.

I've tried leaving the top open, so the bottom unit lights up, and then tested to see if the Omlopp sensor is working - it is, as soon as I place something over it, the bottom light turns off.

Any ideas? These things are next to impossible to take off, so I'm resigned to the fact that I'm probably stuck with a dodgy bottom lighting unit.

Sponsored Links
TBH, that whole thing sounds awfully like a marketing solution in search of a technical problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back