Ikea vs Energy saving light bulbs

I didn't think it was personal to point out that I find it hard to understand, when people mis-spell. I certainly don't believe it to be childish or attacking people. So people admit, that flo tubes get warm, but not hot.

Monkeh - a lightbulb DOES contribute heat to a room, as does a candle, a tiny bit. People had electric lightbulbs and candles before central heating in the modern sense was invented.

i will assume these are terms off endearment :D :D

Are the mentally deranged allowed to post? Smaller bulbs produce heat? 20 year old energy efficient bulbs? I'm confused. I buy energy efficient bulbs with a claim that they last longer than traditional bulbs, and fail at install.
A 6 foot flo tube gives off a lot of heat; that what you say? Are you in a mental hospital?
:D :D

any way shall we just call it quits and agree we see things differently :D ;)

Sponsored Links
Monkeh - a lightbulb DOES contribute heat to a room, as does a candle, a tiny bit. People had electric lightbulbs and candles before central heating in the modern sense was invented.

A completely insignificant amount of heat.

So people admit, that flo tubes get warm, but not hot.

What do you consider hot? Because I find touching an operating 21W CFL to be painful. That's hot.

What do you consider hot? Because I find touching an operating 21W CFL to be painful. That's hot.

Not when broken or turned off. Only the maniac or stupid would touch an operating 21W CFL when switched on. Do you lick electricity also? A flo tube warm. A bulb burns. An important lesson.

Sponsored Links

Not when broken or turned off. Only the maniac or stupid would touch an operating 21W CFL when switched on. Do you lick electricity also? A flo tube warm. A bulb burns. An important lesson.

It's just as hot a couple of minutes after it fails when you go to change it, funnily enough.

Do you avoid touching your computer's case while it's on? What about your phone charger? Do you not touch a lightswitch without first isolating the circuit? Oh, wait, you'd be touching the live MCB to do that! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back