Ikea wall units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be fixing these units http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...20&categoryId=17060&chosenPartNumber=20102149
to a plasterboard wall. They weigh about 20kg and wont be used for storing anything of great weight. What would be the best type of plasterboard fixings to use?

I dont have the units yet so not sure about the fixing brackets etc. If it allows, i will fix timber batons to the studs then bracket on to them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Those can hold 30kg, bringing your weight up to 50kg. Not sure what plasterboard walls can support, but it doesnt sound good to me. Whats behind the plasterboard, or is it a partition wall?

It's the adjoining wall to my neighbour, not sure what's behind it.

Sponsored Links
scottc1978 said:
It's the adjoining wall to my neighbour, not sure what's behind it.
Poke an old screwdriver through the plasterboard, make sure there's no electric/pipe, is it hollow, is it hollow then hit a brick wall such as Dot & Dab method, you may have to do a few holes because you may have hit the timber upright studs. Once you got the details we can help you further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back