Illegal Water Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a plot with planning for 2 flats. The previous owners built 6 flats behind my plot.When they ran the water, they went up the side of my plot into the pavement and came across my plot at the front to leave the blue pipes and meters out of ground on my plot and connected to the mains themselves illegally. Am I liable now? Can I get these moved by the water company without being liable/charged?

Sponsored Links
you are suggesting that they themselves, illegally, fitted water meters? :eek:

They built the flats and still own them and rent them out, the water pipes and water meters which feed these flats are on my land. I bought the plot off Auction from these guys. If the water company had done the work, they would not have left the meters above ground level, nor would they have left the pipes exposed or the pavement unfinished, so without actually saying it was them....it must have been.

so who, apart from the water company, fits water meters?

Sponsored Links
Cut the section at either end and call the water board saying there is a major leak in the street :LOL:

Anyone who works for the water companies, who wants to earn extra money...they sell meters,manhole covers and connect you, if you want,I know three, but wold never use them on my projects, even though they have offered.

Definately a case of get orrrff my laaaannnd or charge them rent.

Surely this was mentioned when you got the plot, do they have right of access, any covenants attached to the land?

Pete

or perhaps phone the water company and find out for sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back