I'm Back!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having been without a phone line for a few weeks thanks to bad naughty NTL (boo!),
my BT line was connected today (yay!)

I'm using AOL dial up as a temporary measure (boo!),
until my 1MBps broadband (NOT aol) is activated in 7 days (yay!)

So I'm around to posting on here again (yay!),
and therefore back to pointless drivel like this (boo!)

Good to be back, guys!
Simon :D

Sponsored Links
I have always referred to AOL as "Gay-OL", it's not so funny if it's actually true! :LOL:

Are you using one of their one month free trials to tide you over by any chance?

I'm still not back, after replacing my exploded power supply, my hard-disk lasted a few hours before actually crashing (made some very interesting noises!). I am guessing a power surge from the death-throes of the PSU has knackered it, but it is one of those IBM "Deathstar" drives that are renowned for killing themselves.

Should I be worried that no less than two bits of computer have committed suicide in the space of a week? Am I neglecting my PC?

Hari-kari or even Hare Krishna required ? Disem-bowling or disen- Chanting ... take your pick !!
1st rule of engineering 'Never extol the virtues of your machine...'
Failure Guaranteed !!

;)

if it aint broke dont fix it.....if it is broke swear cry and then pay someone lots to fix it!

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I have always referred to AOL as "Gay-OL", it's not so funny if it's actually true! :LOL:
I refer to it as AO-Hell, it truly is dire. But with a few days to wait until broadband day,
AdamW said:
Are you using one of their one month free trials to tide you over by any chance?
Absolutely! :LOL:

AdamW said:
Absolutely! :LOL:

When you cancel it'll save a lot of time and temper if you just tell them you no longer need it 'cos you're dead' .

Trying to cancel mine, many moons ago, was like having teeth pulled; they just wouldn't give up trying to make me keep it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mwahaha! Finally running again. 2x 200GB hard-drives sitting silently (well, 25dBA) in the PC, an entirely silent fanless PSU and a virtually silent CPU fan turning very slowly. It is as quiet as a doormouse that has had it's tongue cut out in an East-end mob-style punishment for grassing up a gangster. But without the penchant for cheese.

AOL is somewhat persistant. You may even decide to fish out your Windows CD and start again!

Remember this campaign? So far they have collected over 350,000 AOL cds, and will be dumping them all at AOL HQ when they have a million! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back