I'm getting 3.5% - what about you?

i've been offered 3.5% pay rise..... whoohoo... i can now afford less ! It cost me £78 to fill my car with deisel today !

I think you should stop whinging, our (small) company is fast running out of live projects, in fact my last deadline was today, as of Monday I only have a few projects on site to monitor, we're owed £55,000 (of which about £20,000 is owed by (now) bankrupt developers) and we're only going to get paid at the end of this month because we've managed to get one client to pay a bill by bank transfer on the 30th (hopefully).

Well that's you're right, but i think you're rude to tell me to stop whinging. You know nothing about me ! You may be experiencing hard times... aren't we all... for my part... and the original post... i work in an industry (computer programming) where the average is mid £40k's and i get less than £30k. Because, my company was outsourced and know the staff are local, and they can get off-shore to replace me at half the cost, so lets not pay him more !

Ha, Ha, so do I hence my minus 100% imminent paycut.

Sponsored Links
you on the dole as well ?

me ? 22 yrs at it, hmmmph

never had a realistic rise yet!

no wonder i'm down for depression :confused:

If you're so depressed, get back to work!

Oh, sorry, if you did that you would no longer be able to afford a new car, 4 foreign hols a year, and all mod cons round the house....

No doubt you have several kids as well?

Sex is good for depression. I get depressed when I don't get any - so it must be.

Sponsored Links
0% rise :(
I work in an office environment and I've never had a yearly pay rise as big as 3.5%.
I think tradesmen prices/wages have risen faster than a lot of others.

There are more and more vans in the more expensive areas where I live whereas they wouldn't have been able to afford it in the past.

The public sector workers who are always striking also seem to think the private sector are getting massive pay rises when it simply isn't true.
I'd be delighted with 3.5%.
I think all these stories of company directors getting massive bonuses gives a false impression of whats actually happening out there for the rest of us.

you on the dole as well ?

me ? 22 yrs at it, hmmmph

never had a realistic rise yet!

no wonder i'm down for depression :confused:

If you're so depressed, get back to work!

Oh, sorry, if you did that you would no longer be able to afford a new car, 4 foreign hols a year, and all mod cons round the house....

No doubt you have several kids as well?

I never even go to the Job Centre when I'm "resting" between contracts, I know full well I won't get a penny, and certainly won't get a job from them. I don't know how all these jobless do it, frankly working is easier than getting money out of the Government in my experience.

Sponsored Links
Back