I'm looking for a good plumber in North London : New boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a long shot but would someone suggest a good plumber who's competatively priced to recomend and fit a new boiler.

Or how I could go about finding one who's not a cowboy or a rip off merchant.

It's for a five bed house in N16.

Many thanks

Willowtree

Sponsored Links
if you look through Agiles posts you should be able to find his quote :D

I know this is a long shot but would someone suggest a good plumber who's competatively priced to recomend and fit a new boiler.

Or how I could go about finding one who's not a cowboy or a rip off merchant.

You're clearly of the opinion that most in this trade are untrustworthy, so why seek advice from a forum infested with them?

would someone suggest a good plumber who's competatively priced

Which aspect is most important to you, quality or price?

They don't always come hand in hand I'm afraid.

Best to ask friends, colleagues, or neighbours (sorry I forgot, it's London so speaking to strangers is out! ;) ) for a recommendation.

If you know what make of boiler you want, you could try contacting the manufacturers for the details of their accredited installers in your area. At least they will have done the manufacturers courses, and probably offer a longer warantee (5 years with Worcester, Remeha, etc). Get 3 quotes.

Sponsored Links
Awesome, thats really helpful I'll contact the manufacturers.

would someone suggest a good plumber who's competatively priced

Which aspect is most important to you, quality or price?

They don't always come hand in hand I'm afraid.

Best to ask friends, colleagues, or neighbours (sorry I forgot, it's London so speaking to strangers is out! ;) ) for a recommendation.

If you know what make of boiler you want, you could try contacting the manufacturers for the details of their accredited installers in your area. At least they will have done the manufacturers courses, and probably offer a longer warantee (5 years with Worcester, Remeha, etc). Get 3 quotes.

You're clearly of the opinion that most in this trade are untrustworthy, so why seek advice from a forum infested with them?

I very much doubt that the people who post here are cowboys! However, no offense but the building trade in the UK has always been rife with cowboys & rip off merchants.

Finding a good tradesman to do some work for you if you're poor sometimes feels like looking for needle in a haystack. But I guess that's secular capitilism for you.

I very much doubt that the people who post here are cowboys! However, no offense but the building trade in the UK has always been rife with cowboys & rip off merchants.

Finding a good tradesman to do some work for you if you're poor sometimes feels like looking for needle in a haystack. But I guess that's secular capitilism for you.

Whatever 'good' you try to find will seem like looking for a needle in a haystack if you're poor.

However if it wasn't for secular capitalism you'd have no competetion and that'd mean tradesmen would earn better wages so your install would cost more and you'd be on a waiting list to get it done.

In order for you to enjoy the p*ss-pathetic low prices available for heating these days you'll have to put up with the existance of cowboys. You can't have both.

If you really are poor then you should contact Warmfront as they do free or subsidised installations for poor people. Perhaps you are mean rather than poor?

Otherwise your search for someone to do it cheaply for you is likely to end up with a poorly done job using cheap materials. Cheap and quality dont go together.

Tony

Tony why don't you pop around and do it? You musn't have much work on judging by the amount of advertising you carry out on this forum? You can go in your superman costume if you like.....

I do reasonably priced jobs but not cheap jobs!

Also I always recommend the cheapest solution and for poor people thats Warmfront.

[ Is someone who lives in a five bedroom house likely to be that poor? ]

Here are some examples of average house prices in some streets in N16

Most expensive streets

1 Gilda Crescent£732,314

2 Allerton Road£699,922

3 Grangecourt Road£659,820

4 Queen Elizabeths Walk £625,509

5 Statham Grove £616,127

6 Paget Road £611,350

7 Marton Road £611,200

8 Trumans Road £594,833

EDIT: I have corrected those prices as the site I copied them from had added some numbers which when copied were not spaced.

Personally, I'd check those stats tiger - If those are really the individual house prices in N16 they can almost afford a BG install :D

go on tony, you know you want to tell us how much you charge..no need to be shy.:LOL: it never stopped you before ;)

Tony why don't you pop around and do it? You musn't have much work on judging by the amount of advertising you carry out on this forum? You can go in your superman costume if you like.....

Sorry Tone, i shouldn't have recomended you - just read the post title again.... ;)

Thats right, I dont like to be called a plumber!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back