immersion heater control

r&b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just taken on a flat which has two meters, one for off peak supply. (This is a new concept for me!). The hot tank is controlled through a Newlec Electronic 7 control which lights up to show off peak but does not heat the water. If I press the boost button nothing happens all the while the off peak light is on. Once it goes out my timed or manual boost works ok.

Do you think the timer is at fault, and how do I set the off peak times anyway? Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You cannot change the off peak times they will be set as standard. The boost button doesn't work while its on the off peak time. Just make sure the time is set correctly. If you listen carefully you should hear a small click if you press the boost button off and on (when the off peak isn't on ) If this is all then the next step is to see if you have a voltage at the immersion heater
Try that If not we will talk you through the next step

G.T.S:cool:

Thanks, Gaz. I won't be able to try out your hints until the weekend when I next visit, but as the main problem seems to be no heating happening during the off peak period, is there any way I can check the times the off peak should work?

Bob.

I've now had a chance to check out the settings on the control but still have no hot water on the off peak period.
I have reset the off peak times to 01.00 - 05.00 (previously it was set at 05.00 - 11.00 so would have missed off peak availability)
I have set the boost timer with no on periods.
I have checked the manual and timed boost work correctly.

But nothing happens in the middle of the night! Any further ideas please?

Bob

Sponsored Links
Do you have anything else on the off peak (only) supply? Does it work?

Steve,

Its only the water heater on the off peak, and I've checked with the supplier that the off peak is available between 23.30 and 06.30. So, in theory it should work. How can I tell if it is the controller at fault?

Bob

Do you have storage heaters r&b?

Seems a bit silly to put off peak in only for the water?

Yes it does seem silly, but no storage heaters. Just an immersion which doesn't work properly.

Could it be possible that storage heaters were removed and who ever removed them disconnected the off peak supply?

Maybe somebody else could tell me as I don't fit them but, do those timers require the off peak supply as well as the 24hr?

Just a thought

Roo,

It's a possibility they were removed, but the ordinary dimplex heaters which are there now look like they've always been there.

Anyway folks, can anyone tell me how to check out the Newlec 7 immersion controller, please?

Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back