Impact Driver (home DIY) recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Looking for my very first impact driver. Just for general DIY jobs around the house and garden. Fancy putting a back gate together for my garden, as a starter project. I see all sorts of figures, battery sizes, brush and brushless... And I'm not really sure what to get.

I understand that brushless is better, but more expensive... Not sure if that is too much for what I need or not.

Got around £120, but would need battery and charger (don't need bits). I have £40 gift voucher for Amazon, so can go up to £160 on Amazon.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Kel

Sponsored Links
Twin pack in screwfix £140.
DEWALT DCK211C2-BQGB 12V 1.3AH LI-ION XR CORDLESS DRILL DRIVER & IMPACT DRIVER TWIN PACK (3292T)

also check local social media for secondhand sales .

most jobs need a hammer drill
impact is big screws 50mm plus

Twin pack in screwfix £140.
DEWALT DCK211C2-BQGB 12V 1.3AH LI-ION XR CORDLESS DRILL DRIVER & IMPACT DRIVER TWIN PACK (3292T)

also check local social media for secondhand sales .
12V 1.3AH.
Not good for any job bigger than matchstick pirate ship.

Sponsored Links
If you already have cordless tools of a decent brand, check the same brand so you can exchange batteries.
Otherwise my first choice is bosch professional followed closel by Makita and Dewalt in that order.
Saying that, i bought an erbauer for my apprentice over 10 years ago.
He fits kitchens now and still uses it everyday.
Never failed but he bought an extra battery as it only came with one.
He says he goes a couple of days with the 3AH battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back