Imperfect Blocks for internal walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we had a builder fall through and have been left with some pallets of internal blocks. We are in the process of getting another builder but not quite there yet otherwise this question would be for them.
Basically, the blocks have been abandoned by the previous builder before any work started so now have to decide whether to try to get them to take them away (long story but its tricky) or we can use or dispose of them but need to make a decision now.
The issue is a lot of the blocks have damage and I have no idea what is useable or not. They are h+h solar 3.2n plus so are a thermal block for the internal wall. The majority are mostly sound but have some chipping to the corner or a cm slither come away. To me, I guess extra mortar to fill in any gaps would be fine but I honestly don't know. Also there is the concern of why they are like that. There 6 pallets and all of them aren't perfect.
I appreciate this may sound like a stupid question. Not sure whether this will save a few quid on materials or be another skip to fill.
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It’s not unusual to get chipped blocks on pallets from builders merchants even more so from
Places like b and q not that I shop there anyway medium density are used usually for
Inner leaf work and you will fine more than usual blocks need to be cut to for extensions.
Few chips here and there won’t really
Matter too much. I’d hang on to them make two piles of decent and chipped and see what the bricks can do with them

Thanks for the reply. Attached are the examples of ones in the good pile.

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_094858.jpg
    IMG_20220618_094858.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220615_174746.jpg
    IMG_20220615_174746.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
They are fine … I was expecting far worse then that lol … keep them and just crack on with your extension with the nice thought of you don’t have to spend any more money on new blocks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back