imperial pipe? measures 21.4mm OD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

im doing a bathroom refit, and all is going well. but ive hit a bit of a snag. i'm trying to join a 15mm pipe to, what i thought was a 22mm pipe. i bought a compression adapter, but the olive seems really loose. i measured the diameter with my vernier and it came out at 21.4mm.

is this likely a 3/4" pipe? 3/4" being the internal diameter.

assuming it is, i'm struggling to find a converter from 3/4" to 15mm... 3/4" to 22mm would be ok, but i'd rather not by 2 metres of 22mm pipe, just to use once inch of it.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Imperial to metric fitting, they are quite common.
Screenshot_2016-10-16-20-53-09.png

Sponsored Links
Cant see another way round it hes gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the 2m of 22mm!

Op you could always wrap the olive with copious amounts of ptfe.

He could buy a 22-15 fitting reducer and a 22-3/4 coupler from a plumbers merchant, no need for pipe and he'd probably have change out of £2.

Nice... thanks for that. really necessary?

whats the point of this forum? if not to gather information from others?

perhaps leave my thread alone, since youve offered nothing but snide remarks anyway... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you ask at the merchants for a 3/4 inch olive, sometimes called a green ring then just use a normal 22mm compression fitting but use the new olive on the old imperial pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back