Important EU vote on British only issue .........sod off interfering idiots

Sponsored Links
It would be a good idea, though.

However the article is a load of rubbish from someone who doesn't understand - unusual for the DM.

Why is the changing the clocks twice a years across most of Europe a British only issue?

As the subject has arisen, why does Summer Time start a week after the Spring Equinox but end five weeks after the Autumnal Equinox?

I.e. why doesn't it start five weeks before the Spring Equinox (February 14ish) so that it is the same at the start and end.

Sponsored Links
do we really need it at all? I thought it was to allow more time to get the crops in. Not many people out on the fields at 9pm these days.

Why is the changing the clocks twice a years across most of Europe a British only issue?

Cos I live here and don't give a monkeys about what time it is elsewhere.

I remember when it was abolished for a while and led to problems, things like kids going to school in the dark in Scotland ( if I recall correctly) and so it was re introduced.

And now the EU wants to introduce berlin time.

I remember when it was abolished for a while and led to problems, things like kids going to school in the dark in Scotland ( if I recall correctly) and so it was re introduced.
Other way round.
It caused them to go home in the dark.

And now the EU wants to introduce berlin time.
You do realise that IF the EU does away with Summer Time and Britain stays as now, then the time will be the same in the Summer.

Cos I live here and don't give a monkeys about what time it is elsewhere.

Well that's easily sorted - just go round your house and change the clocks to whatever time you want it to be.

I like that idea; except for my radio controlled clock, and the DAB radio, but I could do the others. Hang on, I don't have any normal ones left - Oh well, I still like the idea though.

Well that's easily sorted - just go round your house and change the clocks to whatever time you want it to be.
As long as the rest of the rest of uk take it up fine, the EU can do what they like ....its gonna fall apart soon anyway with the no of statest hat are on the verge of bankruptcy.

I'd prefer to stay on UTC+1 all year round. We only put the clocks back in Autumn for Scotland, it serves no purpose for 80% of the UK population.

Sponsored Links
Back