Important gutter parts when a gutter goes out of stock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has a Marley Extrusion classic ogie shaped gutters. Marley dont sell them as they've gone out of stock but gave me a number of someone who sells them. A nightmare to get hold of spares.

I'm thinking to have a back up of parts in case something breaks and no one sells them anywhere. What's likely to break and need replacing over years? Most likely? I've ordered 5 clips, how about end caps or joiner things as well?
20191210_150506.jpg

Sponsored Links
The clips are the main item to fail.....maybe some rubber gaskets if you can get them. Most items will behave if you attack them in the summer!
John :)

The clips are the main item to fail.....maybe some rubber gaskets if you can get them. Most items will behave if you attack them in the summer!
John :)

Are they those black things which compress when clips are tightly locked down to keep it water tight?

Sponsored Links
there are no seals or any need for seals in the clips - clips fix the plain gutter not the fittings.

rubber seals work/seal under compression. seals and fittings are under constant movement from expansion & contraction. they are not glued in place.

as above, Marley ogee is supplied most everyplace or from the internet.

Apologies, you’re absolutely right :whistle: senior moment.....some of mine were glued in with contact adhesive, a bodge from the past.
J :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back