In the market for new laser level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old laser level has broken so looking for a new one ,mostly used for kitchen work and tiling , any body recommend one..thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are trade I'd recommend the deWalt DCE089D1G - 3 axis, 360° per axis, green (so more visible in daylight), rechargeable battery, self-levelling, pendulum lock, magnetic wall plate, etc. The problem is that they are a bit expensive. They have taken over from red Bosch lasers as the go-to choice of many trades I have worked with. I replaced my 3-axis red line Bosch with one about 16 months back and have rarely used the Bosch since then

Blue laser one's would be technically better, but they're not made as human eyes aren't very sensitive to blue light, so the line isn't easy to see. Green is the best compromise.

Sponsored Links
You often get tinted glasses with the laser to help see the line in bright light conditions.

Perspective glasses would be useful.
Its a bloke doing some kitchen units and tiling. No open air kitchens under the midday sun or need for lasers that can't be seen.

And that all important payback period.

I bought a Huepar 902CG. Works fine. Wish it was rechargeable. Be even better if it was USB C rechargeable!

Perspective glasses would be useful.
Its a bloke doing some kitchen units and tiling. No open air kitchens under the midday sun or need for lasers that can't be seen
Which is why green lasers are preferable to red ones - they ARE visible in far brighter working conditions, and we are now coming into the brighter weather, aren't we? You don't have to go for a 3 axis like I (and many colleagues) now own, but those other features such a pendulum lock, magnetic attachment and self levelling make life a lot easier - whilst over a 5 year period a laser which runs on a rechargeable (tool) battery pack is far more cost effective than one which uses Duracells (as well as being possibly environmentally more efficient), that is if you are the sort of person who actually uses laser quite a bit

that is if you are the sort of person who actually uses laser quite a bit
I use a rotating laser to set out buildings, and as it uses a detector (and spins so fast) the visibility is not important so its red. Now that is useful.

But for internal work such as kitchens, tiling, sockets and partitions and whatnot, I really don't see any actual benefit over a long level and pencil. Its a bit of a gimmick IMO. By the time someone opens the case, extends the pole or tripod and sets the thing up and aligns it, I can whizz around with the level and mark some datums or plumb lines. And the accuracy is nowhere near what I can get with my level.

Having said that, I have recently got hold of a Bosch cross laser, as it was cheap and some of the lads may make use of it more than me.

I use a long level but like the laser level for setting the units ,handy to use both,in a large kitchen works out quicker for me some times ,good to have both in van

It's my 2nd one first one just stopped working, 2nd one got dropped about 4 ft and stopped working,was happy with it until then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back