In the sh%*t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ok my plasterer I had in has removed the heating control unit and just left the wires taped up in the wall,
There are 2 blues 3 browns (1 which is a thinner one) 1 black 1 grey I think the 2 larger browns and blues are the live and neutral the others go to stat and to the stuff in the loft can anyone advise me the connections for the unit please ? there are 6 connections in the box ? The control unit is a Lifestyle LP241
Regards Steve

Sponsored Links
Cor blimey he has left you in a pickle

Nice fella

Oh dear without knowing what the wires are connected to at t'ther end you have three hopes of sorting that out and two of them are related to Bob.

I would say without doing some continuity checks you what have a hope in hell of sorting it.

Hopefully the others will be more optimistic than me

:)

Ok I can do the continuity checks and establish which wire goes where, what I need is to know once I have established which each wire is where does it go on the control unit
Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest that once you have identified where they go, return here with a list of them for further guidance :D

ok, don't know how much this will help, but i know that number 1 on the unit is hot water off(so satisfied on cylinder stat) number 2 is central heating off, number 3 is hot water on(calling on cylinder stat) and number 4 is central heating on (calling on room stat) do you have 2 motorised valves or one mid position??

Jard

You could always try getting the plasterer to sort it...

Yes, I was wondering what the plasterer was saying about it!

I am sure that on site I could easily work out which is which by measuring the incoming supply voltage and then seeing what results when a live is placed on each of the remaining wires.

It also depends on the system configuration, i.e. "S" or "Y" plan.

But I dont recommend that anyone else tries that!

Tony

There are 2 blues 3 browns (1 which is a thinner one) 1 black 1 grey
1. How many cables are there and which cores are in which cable?

2. Are any cores live (with the electricity on ;))

3. How many motorized valve(s) do you have?

4. Are they 2-port or 3-port?

5. Can you identify what device the other end of each wire connects to? (not just the terminal block but the actual piece of equpment)

Post the info and I'll try to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back