In trouble with some painting/decorating in Derbyshire

Im wondering you know...that could be artex or another tpye of texturing powder used as a filler...lot of tradesmen use it to caulk walls out becuse of its cheapness and easiness to sand...personally I dont like the practice..I find it too soft and, as Joe touched on..it could have been pained over wit a thick coat of paint, leading to a similar problem as what happens when you paint over new plaster with unthinned paint.

Only this time its more absorbent.

'Chalkie feel to it'...that would point to artex or a similar compound.

Those walls have been stipple by the looks of it...so some type of texturing compound may have bene around on site prior to that being done

Sponsored Links
Julie

I am still puzzled why the Polyfilla will not dry. If you take a blob of it out of the tub or tube, and lay it on any surface it will soon become hard. Old polyfilla will not go soft, it goes hard and is unusable.
I think the that all you can do is to carry on with trying to remove the paint, even though it is a long and laborious task. Otherwise you may be disappointed with the eventual finish.
You could look at the the Polycell site where there are several products that might help you. http://www.polycell.co.uk/
But I really think you need some advice from a qualified professional, or a competent DIYer.
There are several plasterers and decorators advertising in the Ashby and Coalville Times, who may be able to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back