increase heat output of "designer" vertical radiators

Sponsored Links
Agile is not time served nor does he possess any qualifications regarding the plumbing and heating industry.
He is not a time served gas man either.

Sponsored Links
Agile is not time served nor does he possess any qualifications regarding the plumbing and heating industry.
He is not a time served gas man either.
you never know when you will need a new aerial though Steel so be careful unless you have your own oscilloscope, ERM meter, sari , copious bottles of wine , condoms for PRVs ,oyster cards , Laith ,welding gear, and someone today from London had the audacity to not call one of the 100 top gas engineers, not to mention that by the amount of Vokera Lineas that he visits then there must be 500,000 still in use, all these top companies could save a fortune just by employing super Tony, I would bet that Vokera could not give a figure about how many of the Lineas are still fitted , so they should employ Tony as a consultant

My pennys worth.
wanted a vertical designer rad in living room,my merchant told me to use 2 vertical designer rads as it will spread the heat around the room,the single (1 number) double rad would just heat a small area.
Was also told if the room is L shaped use 3 radiators,the idea was spread of heat.
So purchased 2 single vertical rads (which can also be fitted horizontally) the glossy brochure shows the flow/return connections in the bottom fittings but the installation instruction sheet said (in pictures) use a top connection for the flow and return connection at bottom same side.so i did.
The hot water flow through the radiators was very impressive,heated up very quickly and heated the room throughout,very quickly.
Ditch the trv is also a good idea if it closes down early due to room space restriction.
Maybe an electric plinth heater could be used just for the very cold days as a back up.

Good luck.

kitchen.
3.5x4m cavity wall. 1m window
room above
1 outside wall
Milano Alpha - White Vertical Double Slim Panel Designer Radiator 1780mm x 280mm
3751btu
6000 BTU's @ least.

family room.
4x4m
cavity wall.
2.7m bifold
2.4x1m window
3 outside walls
1800x354 hudson reed sloane double panel 6700btu @ 60c
10,000 BTU's @ least.
Seek professional advice next time.

6000 BTU's @ least.

10,000 BTU's @ least.
Feckin cowboy what is that in KW
6000 BTU's @ least.

10,000 BTU's @ least.
Feckin cowboy give the answer in KWs any proper engineer uses KWs anyone else should not be trusted, wonder what will happen if Brexit goes through and we have to go back to BTUs does that mean that Tony will not be in the top 100 anymore ?

hey at least the ceiling would be warm but neither mind at least it looks good (y)

Sensei says.... Rads hot, room cold, rads too small.

Not much more to say on the matter.

Comes with being time served. It's harsh, but fair.
I know the rads are too small, if you look at my original question it was nothing about rad calculations. It was "how to increase surface area" type question.

My pennys worth.
wanted a vertical designer rad in living room,my merchant told me to use 2 vertical designer rads as it will spread the heat around the room,the single (1 number) double rad would just heat a small area.
Was also told if the room is L shaped use 3 radiators,the idea was spread of heat.
So purchased 2 single vertical rads (which can also be fitted horizontally) the glossy brochure shows the flow/return connections in the bottom fittings but the installation instruction sheet said (in pictures) use a top connection for the flow and return connection at bottom same side.so i did.
The hot water flow through the radiators was very impressive,heated up very quickly and heated the room throughout,very quickly.
Ditch the trv is also a good idea if it closes down early due to room space restriction.
Maybe an electric plinth heater could be used just for the very cold days as a back up.

Good luck.

I have verticals in my home also.
And never had any issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back