Indesit DIF04 Soap dispenser doesn't open in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there..

This aged but trusty machine has given years of good service until now.

This morning I opened the door to empty it and all seemed well but the soap dispenser was still closed and when I opened it manually there was a soggy finish tablet still in the plastic receptacle. The door of the receptacle opens and closes easily using the manual catch.

This feels electrical (solenoid) or electronic (PCB) but could it be something more simple? What should I do now? Take the door off and look at the wiring? Reading other posts on related topics this seems to be the next step.

I would appreciate any advice please if possible.

Sponsored Links
Yes, if it functions manually then removal of the front door panel is necessary.
You can operate manually to see if the mechanism is properly engaging and opening the drawer. Close drawer and lift the plastic lever located in front of the solenoid 'plunger'.
If that works you can then visually see what happens as the solenoid operates if nothing happens check for voltage/voltage drop on the solenoid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back