Indesit Dishwasher - Water Pressure Problems

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Good Morning.

An Error Code is appearing indicating that the machine is not filling up within a set period.

I have checked the mains water pressure.

Meter reading is: 20 PSI (1.5 Bar)

Is this water pressure adequate to enable the machine run properly?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Usually 20 psi is needed so you should be fine there. Do check the filter in the inlet hose though!
John :)

Many thanks John. However, when I switch on the cold water tap in the Kitchen, the pressure indication on the pressure gauge approaches zero. Same thing happens when the washing machine starts to fill.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jiommy

Your water pressure does seem particularly low, Jimmy - your taps / outlets arent fed from a loft tank, are they?
Also check the stop cock is fully open.
Do you have a washing machine with the same problems?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again John. Taps are fed direct from the main. Stop cock is fully open. Washing machine is OK.
Some months ago, the Water Authority fitted water consumption measuring machines. Since then, the water pressure seems to be particularly low. Perhaps, it would be a good idea to get the Water Authority to check the pressure! Could be that the stop cock piping in the piping outside the house is not open sufficiently!

Its curious that the washing machine is behaving itself....after all, they use the same type of solenoid valve!
I think I would be contacting the water supplier, but a water meter does have an off/on tap too which needs to be open.
I dont suppose you can disconnect both machines, to see if the water flow through their connection valves is about the same?

Finally I found the problem with my integrated dishwasher. We purchased a new kitchen about ten years ago and paid quite a sum to have it professionally installed.

Returning to my problem, I reluctantly removed the integrated dishwasher with some difficulty, since I had no idea how it was installed. I found that there was such a kink in the inlet hose that it was an absolute miracle that the machine ever worked.

I had ordered a replacement inlet valve as a precaution before removing the machine. I fitted the new valve and am hoping that everything will now function.

Could anyone give me some advice to ensure that when I push the machine back in, the hose wont kink again. I presume that I will have to fit and tighten the inlet hose before pushing the machine back in. What are the tricks of the trade to do the job properly.

Many thanks,

Jimmy

Pleased you got that one sorted Jimmy.....who would have thought that!
Its difficult to see what is happening with the inlet pipe unless you are blessed with x-ray eyes but I tend to tug mine to and fro as Im pushing the machine back in - but my water supply is in the cupboard next one along.
It may be a good idea to replace the pipe itself, just in case it has been weakened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back