Indesit Washing Machine Violent Spin Cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have an integrated Indesit washer/dryer which seems to have a major issue during the spin cycle.

It is basically in new condition although we've owned it for some time.

We've never been able to use it because when it gets to the fast spin, the whole machine becomes really unbalanced and literally moves across the floor in a most violent manner! You just have to literally hang on to the machine during the spin cycle to keep it under control, to prevent it from tearing away from the water and power connections. It literally has torn through the rubber feet so that the metal legs are then digging into the substrate.

I've opened it up and checked for loose concrete blocks etc, but everything still looks brand new as expected, and no signs of any concrete weights unsecure. The shock absorbers also look ok visually. No idea what could be causing the problem. I am guessing drum imbalance. We've even tried clamping the legs to the concrete floor, but it just rips the mountings out. It is unsafe to use.

I've tried to research what could be causing this but not found the solution.

Really don't want to get rid because it's fully functioning, any advice on the cause much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back