Indicative votes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No majority on a single one.

Peoples vote top of pile

Tories have been more interested in private discussions about who will be next PM.

Sponsored Links
Parliament votes to 'take back control'.
Then finds out it doesn't have a clue...
(a familiar concept ;))

Interesting how many missing MP's/Abstensions there were too.
Including many MP's who didn't vote for anything!
(MP's should not be allowed to cowardly 'sit on the fence' or vote/not vote for party reasons)

So if our 'elected representatives' can't get us out of this mess, there is only one way to solve it.
Let the people who made a choice whilst being uninformed, make an informed choice!
(it was the best supported option)

It's no coincidence that polls have shown that a large majority believe that Brexit has been a national humiliation...
What better way to show politicians how it should be done than to vote on the deal, or choose to forget the disaster that has been the last three years!

Have a general ellection

Each party lays their cards on the table.
We are going to stay
We are leaving no deal
We are leaving with this deal.

If an MP doesn't like what his party stands then they resign

That's the people voting.

Sponsored Links
Have a general ellection

Each party lays their cards on the table.
We are going to stay
We are leaving no deal
We are leaving with this deal.

If an MP doesn't like what his party stands then they resign

That's the people voting.
The GE option is a red herring as regards Brexit...

Because in GE's, people vote on multiple issues and also tend to follow party/area loyalties...

In fact (given our archaic FPTP system) only a small minority of seats determine the result, and no political party would gain a majority of the votes anyway...

Thus we would end up in the same mess (note what happened in the GE after the referendum), and in any case party politics should play no part in the biggest issue facing this country for many decades!

The indicative votes process, and especially the published results, have been extremely useful.
The results for each MP show exactly the position of the individual MPs.
I have contacted my MP on several occasions before and during the Brexit process. The responses always appeared to indicate that they were merely a party poodle.
However, their voting pattern during the IV process shows them to be an ardent No Deal supporter.
They voted Aye for No Deal and No for all the rest.
Time for me to contact them again, this time with a more strongly worded letter explaining how ridiculous their policy is.

People's vote top of the pile, sounds like a Labour "we nearly won the election". It is probably time to cancel A50 and rethink the timing of Brexit. I personally don't think there is a need for an informed vote. We are informed on both sides in equal doses. We've seen how bad the EU can be and we've seen how tough getting out will be. People weren't uninformed the first time round, they expressed a desire for our future direction.

People weren't uninformed the first time round, they expressed a desire for our future direction.
I disagree vehemently.
People were not only uniformed, they were misinformed.
They expressed their desire based on misinformation, and lack of understanding.

Let's test our theories with a people's vote?

I disagree vehemently.
People were not only uniformed, they were misinformed.
They expressed their desire based on misinformation, and lack of understanding.

Let's test our theories with a people's vote?
I wonder how much people are more informed

And will a people vote actually create more problems than it solves? -it is my preference

I suspect that a lot of the unicorns have been dispelled.

And will a people vote actually create more problems than it solves? -it is my preference
Sure, a people's vote will not be a vast majority, unfortunately, and for some it will remain unfinished business.
But unless MPs coalesce around one of the options, we will crash out accidentally.
The worst possible option would be a referendum on this/that Deal or not. That would not solve anything.

Well like yourself, many will now know how linked we are to the EU.

They will also know that all the guff spouted from the leave side about the EU 'needing us more than them' and how easy 'deals would be done' were all lies!

And will a people vote actually create more problems than it solves?
That is the conundrum...

Because like it or not the main issue was immigration, and not many will change their mind on that - despite the facts being skewed.
An example recently shows the real problem . A couple of building sites were raided, and quite a few illegal immigrants were caught working.
Were they EU citizens? No, they were from India and other Asian countries.
Why? Because they undercut the Eastern EU workers!
Under any trade deals, more freedom of movement will be a requisite. And thus it will only be the colour of the skin of the immigrants that will change!

Views would of course become entrenched, but the demographics of the electorate has changed slightly.
And that demographic shift should be asked, because it will affect them most!

People weren't uninformed the first time round, they expressed a desire for our future direction.
Just out of interest, what direction do you think that was?

Because apart from the usual 'leave means leave' and 'getting our country back' mantras, I've heard nothing from quitters as to what that 'direction' they want the UK to take actually is...
(Well they have expressed a wish over immigration, but as mentioned that won't happen)

Sponsored Links
Back