Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, So I was called out to a customers house today, they were complaining of no water to their bathroom cold taps, after some investigation I found a mouse lodged in the cold pipe that feeds the bathroom from the tank.
I removed the mouse and found its head was missing presumably sucked further down the pipe, I tried emptying the system and running a hose to the bath tap and pushing water back through to the tank to remove the blockage(it was a bungalow so no worry about the header tank pressure being more than the mains which was coming in at 3.5 bar) but nothing would go through.

What else can I try?

Sponsored Links
I would guess it's got stuck at the first bend after the tank , so I would cut out the bend and have a mooch

And then recommend your customer gets a lid for the tank , mouse traps/poision and finds out where they are coming in so no more mice can have a bath!

but nothing would go through.

If that "nothing" included water then maybe there is a non return valve preventing a backward flow / flush in the pipework.

If the hose can reach the tank and fit into the the cold pipe that feeds the bathroom you could try a forward flush of the pipe. It might work.

Sponsored Links
jet wash turn it down to min pressure and build it up, leave bath tap open to flush it out

Back