indirect water tank coil blockage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water at the taps from the indirect hot water tank is significantly cooler recently and although the hwt supply pipe at the flow side at the boiler is hot the return seems to me to lower than it should be. I am wondering if the coil in the tank is blocked/restricted with sludge. How likely is this as a possible explanation?

Sponsored Links
Very unlikely the actual coil is blocked but very possible deposits have built up internally where the flow connects to it - assuming you've eliminated any possibility of air in the system

I would describe that as the coil blocked as defined as no water flowing through.

Usual diagnosis and cure is by draining adequately below the coil connections and disconnecting the flow first and looking into each end with a torch.

Most often the blockage in at the flow end but whilst drained I would look at the return end as well.

Has to be scraped out in most cases.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. That sounds a much easier job to check - and hopefully fix.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back