Indoor Plants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any good indoor plants that'll grow to about 5 feet high, in a pot with a diameter of around 15 inches? Something that won't shed leaves or attract insects and is low maintenance.

Sponsored Links
If you want something exotic and have the space, how about one of these, it will need feeding, water, water and erm more water though

Sorry, should have mentioned it probably won't be in direct sunlight and I probably won't be able to water it more than once or twice a week because I'm away a lot.

Sponsored Links
JohnBoyII said:
Something that won't shed leaves or attract insects and is low maintenance.

I love ficus, varigated or not it makes a great plant to live with but alas avoid it as it'll drop leaves like nobody's business unless it is happy.

When it's happy it is fine!

best IO can suggest is the devils ivy, Scindapsus. You can buy these really cheap at B&Q about 5' tall and they last forever. Feed occasionally with osmocote long lasting fertilser and you'll only need to pick off the occasional leaf. Water by spray onto the moss pole and fine spray the leaves each week, winter or summer, just less water in winter. Shine the leaves up and it''ll give great value for money over things that'll just peg it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back