Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help.

I recently had a B&Q kitchen installed (by their fitters) and there is a fairly sizeable gap between the hob and wooden worktop (image attached).

The fitters have said they can’t get the hob any tighter but to me the gap seems too big. Could anyone please advise if a gap this size is normal and if not, why this might be the case?
078FCBF9-A940-45A7-BDC7-8349AC62C2CB.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Could anyone please advise if a gap this size is normal and if not, why this might be the case?
No, not normal. Hole too tight or something below holding it up, shouldn't be difficult to find the problem.

Don't know if that is sealant in the picture under the hob, but in my instructions it says not to apply sealant.

And no, it should sit further down, there should be no gap.

That is shocking workmanship, the hob glass underside should be sitting on the worktop with a foam seal.

Sponsored Links
That is shocking workmanship, the hob glass underside should be sitting on the worktop with a foam seal.
Thanks. To be honest, this is a very minor issue compared to the other work they have done. The first fitters were chucked off the job after destroying all the material. They didn’t know what they were doing and clearly didn’t fit kitchens professionally. The fitting has been going on for 4 months (believe it or not). It’s the worst thing that’s happened to us in years. One of the worktops has now been replaced 3 times and we still have a plethora of issues.

We don’t know what to do anymore other than take court action against them for decent compensation.

Back