Informing Building regs

27 Nov 2006
Reaction score
South Tyneside
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I guess a lot of you will have at one time informed building regs of the work to be carried out. I am currently going to start rewiring my house and just wondered of what level do the plans that have to be attached to the form. Is it the level of just copying and filling out one of the forms that are highlighted in the IEE wiring regs book (obviously filling in their relevant details for my own house). or is it more in depth of where each cable will run, cable size, calculations done etc.
any advice?
Sponsored Links
Hi Clever,

There are two types of notification. If you go for full plans then you need to provide huge amounts of detail but if going for notification and inspection (I forget what it's called exactly) then all you need to do is tell them what work is being carried out. Your name suggests you're a spark - are you? If so, and you're Part P qualified then I didn't think you had to notify them at all do you - could be wrong though.

I've notified of a change of CU, a new ring for kitchen, new outside circuit for security lights and a new electric shower install (well, replacing shower and re-routing cable - currently diagonally run within wall!). Don't know if I needed to notify all that but better safe than sorry. BC is all too confusing. Figured out I didn't need to notify of extension of existing ring or the replacement of dodgy cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links